Out for lunch with the Juiced HyperScrambler 2 today

Smaug

Local time
5:27 PM
It got warm" today, up into the 40s °F range, so I decided to take the steed downtown and try out a new to me pub: Tavern on 6th.

Locked up and ready to eat. Kenosha just put in these nice bike racks in the last couple years.
In the background, we can see the (long closed) local branch of a Rexall drug store. It's a landmark building here. [
MORE HISTORY LINK]
Note also my kindred spirit in the right foreground with the eBMW.

IMG_5338.JPG

They have a nice selection of beers on tap, but the one I was in the mood for was Carlsberg. I haven't had one since I was in Germany years ago, and having it on tap was a treat. (sometimes, it's overly gassy, from a can or bottle) The bourbon barrel ale was tempting, but it's quite strong and I didn't want to go back to work and get sleepy...
IMG_5337.JPG

I had a Chicken Florentine panini and a sweet cole slaw for lunch. It was good!
IMG_5336.JPG

Ready to head back to work. Here is a little trick to carry a U-lock in a basket without having it clunk around. I keep a bungee cord in the basket and wrap it snug like this around the lock. The lock can be removed and replaced by stretching the bungee with no need to unhook it.
IMG_5339.JPG

I stopped here, between Eichelman and Wolfenbuttel Parks for a quick glamor shot:
IMG_5340.JPG

1701379051534.png

Back at the salt mine:
IMG_5341.JPG

It was a 10-11 mile ride, about 1/4 of a full battery charge, as I was going 20+ mph most of the time. There are a lot of 30 mph streets in Kenosha, and I can barely attain that speed. I pull over to the side and wave people by on those streets. Neighborhood speed limits are 25 mph, which is no problem.

It was nice to get out, go for a little joyride and get some fresh air away from my desk.

Back