Installing battery on Juiced RipRacer

ts8181

Local time
1:17 AM
I cannot for the life of me put my battery back in my bike! I’ve tried everything I can think of and it won’t go past the lug on top that locks it in, any help would be greatly appreciated. the bike is a Juiced RipRacer with a 52v 15.2 amp battery

I am not saying you did this, but one time I had trouble getting my battery back in. I had inadvertently turned the key to the lock position. Once I caught that operator error, the battery slid gracefully into the slot.

Another time, I tried putting it in one set of "notches" too high. I tried again, one notch position down, and it went right in.

On my RR, I turn the key in a bit to help. You also have to get a little momentum to get it to latch, I believe there is tension on the contacts that has to be overcome, and to bump past the latch. First couple of times was awkward, after that becomes more natural.

I have 4 Juiced e-bikes. The battery sits low in all of them. It also causes a misalignment of the contacts which results in them arcing and eroding. You have to shim the battery up a little. I use 1 or 2 pieces of gorilla tape in the lower mount and the battery will go in and out with ease. No key turning needed
IMG_6767.jpeg

Back