Juiced HyperScrambler 2 thread

1. eBike Batteries have Two Enemies - and they are Heat and Cold - on Cold the general Winter Rule my Cold Weather friends go by is "50% life/capacity at 32F/0c"

2. On Heat - you can slice up Fast Charging all you want - if the eBike manufacturer in conjunction with the battery maker have decided a 2A charger give you Optimum Battery Life - then going 8A will give you 1/4th the charging time - but if I tell you it will also will increase the Battery Peak Charging Temp by 25% - and increase the total heat generated in the battery during that charge cycle by about 250% - AND drop your useable battery life by 1000 charge cycles - if you DON'T CARE that's fine.
Power tool battery systems are built to different spec/requirements - so you know I have been a consultant for TTI/Techtronic and Horst Purwill Chairman is a old/old friend of mine from the days we were running around with NiCad battery packs held together with duct tape.

3. Have fun with "Headlights" - enjoy your effort - for $40 my friends and I figured out our solution in Sept with our Current Fav 6 1/2" light bar - and you have seen our real photos

Attachments

• SEPT 8 KEPLER LIGHT BAR.pdf
    350.3 KB · Views: 50
I ordered a top case to replace the basket and got it installed. It’s bigger than the basket and since it locks, I can do multi-stage trips, picking up different items along the way.

However, it can’t be overloaded with the help of a bungee net, like the basket could be.
IMG_5423.jpeg
IMG_5424.jpeg

I’d like to add another light to the back, but I think it’ll involve some drilling. The tail/brake light is obscured if the vehicle behind is taller and close. It’s not often, but it can happen.

The one on the fender is just a reflector.

There is the unused license plate bracket I’ve got in mind…

Red LED light bar on the plate bracket sound cool, pays to be seen.
Oooh yeah. Maybe I can find one in Knight Rider-style!

I'll have to check what the voltage outputs are for the tail light. Splicing into the tail light circuit would be better than battery-powered.

Since I got my eMoped and ridden mostly it for my commuting, and since my road biking has decreased to probably 40 miles per two weeks, I've gained 10 lbs. Holidays were responsible for maybe 3 lbs. of that.

I've moved the eMoped to the back of the line and will start commuting on the Level.2 now. Can't let myself go over the winter. Going to walk more during lunch at work.

Wife moved out (separated) so I can eat better. She bought a lot of processed junk food, which I then have a hard time resisting. I mostly just drink for my junk calories; need to cut that down too for 2024.

I'm going for 5,000 miles in 2024, eBike + road bike.

Hey gang, new owner here. Had a camp scrambler back in the day, then a Lectric XP for the last 3 years. Wanted something more "exciting" and the 20% off sale finally got me to the $2k price I was hoping for.

Just got it put together last evening.

Looking for a good bike mounted lock. I had a folding lock with the Lectric that I kinda liked. Looking around the hyperscrambler, I'm not sure where to mount something. Didn't see anything scanning thru this thread quickly.

Also planning to ditch the stock mirrors and maybe go with something mounted at the ends of the handles.

Thinking about a Satiator charger to be able to charge this bike and wife's Lectric to 80% safely.

Hey gang, new owner here. Had a camp scrambler back in the day, then a Lectric XP for the last 3 years. Wanted something more "exciting" and the 20% off sale finally got me to the $2k price I was hoping for.

Just got it put together last evening.

Looking for a good bike mounted lock. I had a folding lock with the Lectric that I kinda liked. Looking around the hyperscrambler, I'm not sure where to mount something. Didn't see anything scanning thru this thread quickly.

Also planning to ditch the stock mirrors and maybe go with something mounted at the ends of the handles.

Thinking about a Satiator charger to be able to charge this bike and wife's Lectric to 80% safely.
Read back through this thread and you’ll see my Mirrcycle bar end mirrors. They are perfect.

As for the lock, I think you could probably mount a U-lock with its included mount to the frame tubing somewhere. It wouldn’t be elegant or anything, like the folding lock that uses the bottle cage boxes, but I’m sure there’s something that would work.

Hi All. I added a couple more minor things to the HS2. It's currently hibernating, as I've REALLY been needing some exercise and have been commuting on my Level.2. That doesn't mean I can't have this baby PERFECTED by spring, right?

This first short video shows where/how I mounted my Kryptonite U-lock to the bike. For such a big bike, there are surprisingly few places to mount a U-lock without it being in the way, somehow or another.

...and this next one shows the supplementary tail light and "license plate". The "license plate" didn't have its holes in the right position, but rather than drill more holes in the "license plate", I drilled matching holes in the plastic bracket on the bike.

Just sharing a little story:

I went to meet my wife somewhere. My commuter eBike (Aventon Level.2) was charging. I thought I put the HS2 away with 40-50% charge, so I took that. It was 3 miles each way. I was going 20-25 on the way there, and parked outside. When I left a few hours later, the voltage had dropped further (due to the cold) and as I left, it was all I could do to maintain 15 mph. By the time I got home I was pedaling my heart out in 2nd gear with assist on just to keep going 10 mph. I live on a small hill, and that last block was TOUGH GOING. Same effort as going 20 mph on a 23 lb. road bike with no assist.

I plugged it in to charge (2 A chargers) and set the timer for 7.5 hours. Next day it had TOO much charge for storage, so I commuted to work on it at 30 mph and that brought 'er back down.

Bottom line: A super heavy eMoped with a bench seat requires more planning than a typical eBike that is pedal-able. This was about twice as hard as my old heybike Ranger, which was a 75 lb. fat tire folder. On my Level. 2, this would have been an easy 13 mph ride home without power. The last block would've been down to 6 mph or 10 if I stood up and pumped.

2nd-to-Bottom Line: Tempting as it may be, don't use the battery graphic to judge state of charge; use the voltmeter. For my 52 V HS2, 50 V when at rest is about 50% charge level. 45 V is 20% and 55V is 80%. Full charge is about 58 V.

Now it is getting warmer and I tweaked my knee the other day, so I've been riding the HyperScrambler 2 more lately. It is a LOT more powerful in warmer weather.

I took it to the auto parts store last night for a jug of 5W-30 synthetic for the Miata; it was so nice. That jug just fit in the trunk, long with an oil filter, tool kit and spare tube.

Back