Long Range Fat Tire Assembled

William Guaire

Local time
3:19 AM
I just received a Fat Tire cruiser. I re-attached the chain. The rear tire was flat and the bead was not in the rim. That was an easy fix. When I put the bike upright, the height was not what I expected. It's way too tall for me. I have been trying to reach Himiway all day. Zero responses via message and phone. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to talk to someone at Himiway?

The specs listed it as riders' height from 5'3" to over 6 feet. I'm at 5'7". My inseam is 28". In order to get astride the frame, I tilted it over. I was able to get a leg over. The seat is set at the bottom height. It's from 33" to 34" high. If I straddle the top frame tube, it's hitting me in the soft parts. It's impossible for me to ride this bike safely and with any degree of comfort. If I get on the saddle, I can't get a foot to the ground at all. If I were to jump off the seat and hit the center bar, that would be bad news.

This is my first electric bike. I have ridden motorcycles for years. I'm very careful about seat heights on my motorcycles. At five seven, I'm nowhere near able to ride this bike. I don't know why this bike was listed with this height range.

I just received a Fat Tire cruiser. I re-attached the chain. The rear tire was flat and the bead was not in the rim. That was an easy fix. When I put the bike upright, the height was not what I expected. It's way too tall for me. I have been trying to reach Himiway all day. Zero responses via message and phone. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to talk to someone at Himiway?

The specs listed it as riders' height from 5'3" to over 6 feet. I'm at 5'7". My inseam is 28". In order to get astride the frame, I tilted it over. I was able to get a leg over. The seat is set at the bottom height. It's from 33" to 34" high. If I straddle the top frame tube, it's hitting me in the soft parts. It's impossible for me to ride this bike safely and with any degree of comfort. If I get on the saddle, I can't get a foot to the ground at all. If I were to jump off the seat and hit the center bar, that would be bad news.

This is my first electric bike. I have ridden motorcycles for years. I'm very careful about seat heights on my motorcycles. At five seven, I'm nowhere near able to ride this bike. I don't know why this bike was listed with this height range.
I never trust "height charts". My wife lacks "Altitude" and I only considered eBikes which showed the measurements from the minimum seat height to the GROUND. Beware, some show seat height to the pedals, which is misleading.

I wish you luck with your dealings with the seller. I have no experience with them, so I have no useful advice other than politeness and persistence.

To be helpful - in the eBike Space CustomerService/Issues arer handled by and large thru email.

You won't be able to "talk with them" you will be able to exchange emails.

You need to take your Invoice # and the Serial # of your eBike and email/Open-A-Ticket with Himiway. In your case - you are 5'7" with 28in inseam and this Bike is too tall - and need to "replace/w-shorter" - or need to "return-for-refund".

"Assume" 24hrs for their reply.: CLICK HERE OPEN A TICKET WITH HIMIWAY

I am 5'10" w/32 inseam - and across almost ALL eBike brands - Medium frame works - Large frame is too hight

You bought the wrong bike.

You bought the wrong bike because you did not CAREFULLY read the ad copy. Read it AGAIN. MAKE CERTAIN you understand what ALL the words mean. You almost certainly missed words like "recommended" or "for most riders". GET EXACT MEASUREMENTS.

Paying the boxing, shipping, and insurance for the returned item will likely be pricey. Sell it locally and get a different bike for which you have CHECKED ACTUAL STANDOVER HEIGHT. This may be more cost-effective.

If you expect to be able to talk with an actual human, outside of email, visit your local bike shop. Bring a measuring tape, and stand over some actual bikes. Check their service department, and warranty-handling, pay special attention to wait times for parts, and possible loaner bikes. Talk to the actual bike mechanics, not the sales guys out front.

I ride a bike with a frame that the book says is "Too Large". Small frames do not feel right to me. No problems in over 20 years of regular use. Just need to be a bit careful.

"I never trust "height charts". My wife lacks "Altitude" and I only considered eBikes which showed the measurements from the minimum seat height to the GROUND. Beware, some show seat height to the pedals, which is misleading."

Thank you adder tooth. Last night I heard from Himiway. I'll be visiting a somewhat nearby electric bike store. I saw it last week when I drove by it. Leo has recommended them.
Yesterday I opened a support ticket all by myself. I got a response last evening. Why would I not have opened a ticket yesterday before I joined this forum?!

I have already switched off one of the chaff dispensers. I'm not stupid. The specs said 5'3" in the range of use. I am not WRONG. My issue will probably be sorted out by the company, the store and myself. It looks like I will be getting an electric bike that works for me.

I never trust "height charts". My wife lacks "Altitude" and I only considered eBikes which showed the measurements from the minimum seat height to the GROUND. Beware, some show seat height to the pedals, which is misleading.

I wish you luck with your dealings with the seller. I have no experience with them, so I have no useful advice other than politeness and persistence.
I owned a Himiway cruiser I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam. The fat tire cruiser bikes are huge. Some youtube reviews have warned consumers about the size of this bikes. I agree with the advice of one of your responses sell the bike locally. Then get a stepthrough model bike.

Their site does say they recommend the bike for riders 5'4 to 6'2:
1701192044512.png

They might give you some BS about your having atypically short legs for your height, but I would think they would take care of you.

You may want to print a hardcopy of the screen with that spec showing, in case they change their specs and then use that as justification to not take care of you.

• Geometry​

• Specification​

• Components​

All Terrain Fat Tire E-bike Himiway Cruiser Geometry

Recommended Height: 5'3" ~ 6'5"
  • A -- Total Length 75"
  • B -- Handlebar Height 46.5"
  • C -- Wheelbase 45"
  • D -- Minimum Seat Height 28"
  • E -- Maximum Seat Height 36.5"
  • F -- Chain Stay Length 19"
  • G -- Standover Height 33"
  • H -- Top Tube Length 22.5"
  • I -- Wheel Diameter 28"
  • J -- Head Tube Length 6"
This diagram is on the himiway site. Specification "G" is the one the OP needed to pay attention to.

I have a stick. It is not three feet long, it has no markings or notches on it. While I do not guarantee it will work, I do RECOMMEND it for those who fail to use a tape measure.

OP has zero case that insufficient information was available. As previously stated, he bought the wrong bike, and would need to pay for shipping in both directions to get a different one.

It is difficult to make the case you are not stupid when the evidence and results obtained clearly indicate otherwise.

Back