Seeking recs for Moped style with aprx. 28" seat height (like S73-Z Miami)

Santa Cruzer

Local time
1:31 AM
Our 5'3" tall, 13 year old teen likes the shorter height of the Super 73-Z Miami with a 28" seat height instead of typical aprx. 32". He likes the ability to easily plant his feet flat on the ground, and the lighter, easier to handle weight. Still wants 20" wheels. We want a quality bike that will hold up to some abuse, wet weather, and beach riding.

I feel the $2000 price tag of the Super 73-Z Miami is pretty darn steep for a bike without hydraulic brakes, no standard lights, no suspension, and a 12.8aH battery. $2200 would get us a front only shock, and a bit fatter tires. I've not been able to find any competition to the S73 Miami model, with comparable size and weight, despite hours of searching the internet.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a quality bike in that size & weight category (I think it's about 60 lbs.), that offers better value than the S73 Miami? Must have aluminum frame and very good water resistance of electrical components. Preference (but not mandatory) for hydraulic brakes, lighting, front or full suspension, and perhaps a retail price closer to $1600.

Thank you!
Jeff

The aluminum frame is asking for a lot in this price bracket.

The Ride1Up Revv1 is a respected eMoped; see if it has a low enough seat.

Our 5'3" tall, 13 year old teen likes the shorter height of the Super 73-Z Miami with a 28" seat height instead of typical aprx. 32". He likes the ability to easily plant his feet flat on the ground, and the lighter, easier to handle weight. Still wants 20" wheels. We want a quality bike that will hold up to some abuse, wet weather, and beach riding.

I feel the $2000 price tag of the Super 73-Z Miami is pretty darn steep for a bike without hydraulic brakes, no standard lights, no suspension, and a 12.8aH battery. $2200 would get us a front only shock, and a bit fatter tires. I've not been able to find any competition to the S73 Miami model, with comparable size and weight, despite hours of searching the internet.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a quality bike in that size & weight category (I think it's about 60 lbs.), that offers better value than the S73 Miami? Must have aluminum frame and very good water resistance of electrical components. Preference (but not mandatory) for hydraulic brakes, lighting, front or full suspension, and perhaps a retail price closer to $1600.

Thank you!
Jeff
Check out the freego brand ebike. Here is 1 of their teenage models.
Screenshot_20240321-093210_Chrome.jpg

Back