Freed up a few bucks, ordered the Motor Goat V3 with accessories.

addertooth

Local time
4:19 AM
I was wanting a higher speed commuter bike than my Zeegr S1. The Zeegr S1 maxes out at about 32 MPH, but all the roads around me are 35 MPH.
I have gotten a lot of use out of the Zeegr, but wanted something which will keep up with the vehicular traffic.

The Zeegr does offer more torque (165 Newton-Meters (Zeegr), versus 110 Newton-Meters on the Motor Goat V3)
But, the top speed on the Goat is supposed to be about 44 MPH (with a rider of my weight), which will allow me to flow with traffic.

I am not a fan of the "Moped" style frame, but "Pretty is, what Pretty DOES". The version I ordered has pedals.
I ponied up for the second 60v 1200 Watt-Hour battery with the factory blender install kit. This will give it a total of 45 Amp Hours of capacity, and reduce any sense of "range anxiety".

I really needed a rear rack, to support Saddle Bags, so I ordered it. It is a bit odd that it also comes with a sissy-bar/backrest. But the sissy bar looks like it can be removed from the rear rack, and it will likely be removed during my assembly of the bike.

I like the fact it has front and rear 203mm hydraulic brakes which have 4 piston calipers. With that much "Go" it needs an equal amount of "whoa".
The bike was ordered today, with Mid-May being slated for delivery. It will be the latest variant with working blinking factory turn signals, brake light and head lamp.

I really struggled between the Wired Freedom and this bike. I liked the fact the Wired Freedom looked more "Bikish" as I must go on a Military base with it. The guards never questioned the 2000 Watt Zeeger. I didn't want to make the gate guards struggle with whether something is an (allowed) eBike or not.

Ultimately, the deciding factor was an available factory second battery pack with battery blender. I also liked the fact it had front turn signals on stalks, which make them stand out to car drivers.

Quite frankly, both potential choices met my "real" 35 MPH requirement. I had got bitten by the Zeeger, as it listed as a 35 MPH bike, but was only a 32 MPH bike, even with a 100 pound rider on it. It seems like it is a locked controller configuration on the Zeeger, as my weight and loaded saddle bags did not slow the bike down in the slightest.

The Goat appears to have Innova Hybrid tires on it from the factory, which is a tire I currently use on the Zeegr and really like.

For now, it is going to be about a 2 month wait. I won't have any real impression until about 30 days after that.

As ordered.jpg

I was wanting a higher speed commuter bike than my Zeegr S1. The Zeegr S1 maxes out at about 32 MPH, but all the roads around me are 35 MPH.
I have gotten a lot of use out of the Zeegr, but wanted something which will keep up with the vehicular traffic.

The Zeegr does offer more torque (180 Newton-Meters (Zeegr), versus 110 Newton-Meters on the Motor Goat V3)
But, the top speed on the Goat is supposed to be about 44 MPH (with a rider of my weight), which will allow me to flow with traffic.

I am not a fan of the "Moped" style frame, but "Pretty is, what Pretty DOES". The version I ordered has pedals.
I ponied up for the second 60v 1200 Watt-Hour battery with the factory blender install kit. This will give it a total of 45 Amp Hours of capacity, and reduce any sense of "range anxiety".

I really needed a rear rack, to support Saddle Bags, so I ordered it. It is a bit odd that it also comes with a sissy-bar/backrest. But the sissy bar looks like it can be removed from the rear rack, and it will likely be removed during my assembly of the bike.

I like the fact it has front and rear 203mm hydraulic brakes which have 4 piston calipers. With that much "Go" it needs an equal amount of "whoa".
The bike was ordered today, with Mid-May being slated for delivery. It will be the latest variant with working blinking factory turn signals, brake light and head lamp.

I really struggled between the Wired Freedom and this bike. I liked the fact the Wired Freedom looked more "Bikish" as I must go on a Military base with it. I didn't want to make the gate guards struggle with whether something is an (allowed) eBike or not.

Ultimately, the deciding factor was an available factory second battery pack with battery blender. I also liked the fact it had turn signals on stalks, which make them stand out to car drivers.

Quite frankly, both bikes met my "real" 35 MPH requirement. I had got bitten by the Zeeger, as it listed as a 35 MPH bike, but was only a 32 MPH bike, even with a 100 pound rider on it. It seems like it is a locked controller configuration on the Zeeger, as my weight and loaded saddle bags did not slow the bike down in the slightest.

The Goat appears to have Innova Hybrid tires on it from the factory, which is a tire I have used and really like.

For now, it is going to be about a 2 month wait. I won't have any real impression until about 30 days after that.

View attachment 13826
Keep us posted. I had been looking at this bike myself. I would of bought it over the freego if it was available at that time. I'm curious what 50amp controller they are using. I think they are running 72 volt batteries as well, or at least they measure 72+ volts when tested after charging.

Congrats on the new Pavement Pounder!

Keep us posted. I had been looking at this bike myself. I would of bought it over the freego if it was available at that time. I'm curious what 50amp controller they are using. I think they are running 72 volt batteries as well, or at least they measure 72+ volts when tested after charging.

My understanding is that they are upgrading to a sine wave controller for those ordered in March, as well as a slight narrower front wheel to avoid rubs, and the rear turn signal blink as versus being on solid.

They keep doing incremental upgrades on the bike when issues are found, or to enhance the bike.

My understanding is that they are upgrading to a sine wave controller for those ordered in March, as well as a slight narrower front wheel to avoid rubs, and the rear turn signal blink as versus being on solid.

They keep doing incremental upgrades on the bike when issues are found, or to enhance the bike.
I think they are using a 50 amp Sabvoton controller on the newer motor goat V3, that's why I mentioned it in the above post.

The newest model is supposed to be a killer bike for the money. I'm curious to see 1 firsthand, soo you are going to have to get us a bunch of pics when you get it.

I think they are using a 50 amp Sabvoton controller on the newer motor goat V3, that's why I mentioned it in the above post.

The newest model is supposed to be a killer bike for the money. I'm curious to see 1 firsthand, soo you are going to have to get us a bunch of pics when you get it.
Most certainly. And I will cover the good, and also be honest about any shortcomings I encounter.

And yes, the fuel tank battery appears to be a 17S5P battery. The optional 2nd battery appears to be a 17S4P battery. As I recall the new batch of bikes in May are supposed to be using Samsung cells. Most likely 21700 50e cells.

And yes, the fuel tank battery appears to be a 17S5P battery. The optional 2nd battery appears to be a 17S4P battery. As I recall the new batch of bikes in May are supposed to be using Samsung cells. Most likely 21700 50e cells.
Yeah that is the bike I seen a sneak peek video of. It sounds like 1 hella bike for the money.
The sneak peek video mentioned the samsung 21700 cells. Plus I seen a peek of the controller, & it appeared to be a 50 amp Sabvoton controller in the vid I watched.

You should be able to ride for hours with the dual battery model & in PAS 2-3.

Yeah that is the bike I seen a sneak peek video of. It sounds like 1 hella bike for the money.
The sneak peek video mentioned the samsung 21700 cells. Plus I seen a peek of the controller, & it appeared to be a 50 amp Sabvoton controller in the vid I watched.

You should be able to ride for hours with the dual battery model & in PAS 2-3.
Yes, I am "guestimating" at least 4 to 5 hours at 20 MPH (roughly 500 Watt of motor power consumption).

Looking at it and thinking of the TailHappyTV review, here are my thoughts/guesses: (for whatever they're worth)

+ Cast wheels. On these heavier bikes, it's the only way to go.

+/- Don't get excited by a 72 V open circuit voltage. It's just 72 V / 4.2 V = 17S. Nominal is still 60 V and I'm glad they didn't try to advertise it as a 72 V bike; that would have been cheating.

+ Full twist throttle. Thanks for not playing games here

- Key switch location is a joke. The $300 Amazon bikes have this and if you have anything else on that keyring, your knees will be hitting it. It also will be very easy to hotwire there, but I'm sure you plan on locking it up. My Sailnovo had the ignition key there:
1712154408841.png

- The sissy bar is a real joke mostly because of the seat shape, which is obviously for one person, not two. Where's your girl going to sit, on that hump? :rolleyes:
1712154353887.png

+ I like that bar lock that's included and its onboard storage. I hope it isn't too rattly. It's going to be damned tough to just roll it away.

+ Remote reservoir rear shock; this could be good, if the reservoir is not just decorative!
1712154594433.png

+ Street tread tires, but with enough knobbiness that they could be aired down and do OK on gravel roads or smoother dirt trails.

- Front fender is for style only. Booo!
1712154727002.png

+ Rear light assy. seems to have turn signals and a reflector integrated. Nice:
1712154789430.png

?? Rear suspension says "450 lbs. rated" I hope that doesn't mean it's way over-sprung for one person, like my HyperScrambler2 (HS2) is...

+/- Innova makes good tires. I like the street pattern ones that came on my HS2, despite all the complaining by FJester on YouTube. The key to to question the inflation spec., as they often will just copy what's written on the side of the tire into the manual but leave off the "max". They advise to inflate to 35 or 40 psi., but every other 20x4 tire ebike is more like 20 psi. I figure this is a heavier one, so I ran it at 20 psi in the winter for a large contact patch and am up to 25 psi now with good grip.

?? This is getting into a speed range where cops may not just give you a pass any more. You'll be riding at gas scooter speeds, taking a lane, but with no plates.

- The headlight looks a little cheesy. Won't be Japanese quality, I'm sure. I hope I'm wrong. (The one on my HS2 looks good, but is kind of cheesy anyway. I had to waller out the slots with a Dremel and a carbide burr on the brackets to get it to aim straight.

Range:
Range of 56 Miles (Pedal Assist Mode) or 37 Miles (All Electric Mode)
It is probably 37 miles at full throttle when it's still locked at Class 2 = 20 mph. Better plan on about half that. Maybe 40 miles @ 35 mph?

Acceleration probably won't be what you're used to, as it is a direct drive motor, however there are very few moving parts in a direct drive motor. It'll mostly be down to the quality of the ball bearings and there will be no maintenance.

I have the same issue on my HS2 as you did on your last eBike. It's very fast for an eBike, but still not scooter fast. Not fast enough to keep up on a 30 or 35 mph marked road. Here, you'll have one that is scooter fast. I only question the value at this point. One could get a nice used Honda Metropolitan 49cc scooter for probably $1500 and that $2k you saved goes a long way toward gas, (110 mpg) moped registration, and liability insurance. On the scooter, you could go 100 miles on a $3 tank of gas at 38 mph. Plus Honda quality throughout.

Back