Starting light with a ZEEGR 2KW dual motor double suspension

I have picked up a second 48V 24.2 AH battery,

I am curious to know where you sourced the second battery and what it cost. I don't think I have the wherewithal to add the battery combiner but it doesn't take much to carry the spare battery on the rack with straps.

I was able to pick up a 22.4AH 48V SMLRO Battery for about 400 US dollars as a special deal. However, this Battery uses the 5 pin connection rather than the 4 pin connection the zeegr uses. So it cannot be simply swapped out. This is why a Battery combiner was purchased.

I am curious to know where you sourced the second battery and what it cost. I don't think I have the wherewithal to add the battery combiner but it doesn't take much to carry the spare battery on the rack with straps.
For the record, so many sellers have no clue what kind of batteries they are selling. If you ask about spacing on mounting holes, how many cells (or what type), how many cells are in parallel, and what kind of connectors the battery base uses..... they simply don't know. They bought them in mass at a bargain price, and often sell with very inflated specifications. My 30 Ah 48v pack ended up being a 20 Ah 48v pack (and suspiciously weighed exactly what the battery which came with the bike weighed). It was lighter than the SMLRO 22.4 Ah battery by almost 2 pounds.

I suspect the battery which came with the bike was only 20 Ah, and not the 22.4 Ah they advertised. But, I have not been curious enough to tear down the pack to check (Like I did the alleged 30 Ah pack). But, after I provided the vendor with a detailed breakdown of the battery only being 20 Ah, he provided a $100 partial refund, which made the cost of the battery only $280, which was a reasonable price for that battery. It was a 13S4P battery with Panasonic 21700 50E batteries (5 Ah per cell, with 4 in parallel). The battery was carefully re-assembled and is quite functional after the inspection.

13S4P 5Ah per cell 20 Amp hour max.jpg

Has anybody tried to add a handlebar riser on this or similar SLMRO model? I want to raise mine to see if the riding position is more comfortable. There are several options on Amazon. I think the measurement that matters most is the stem diameter.

Has anybody tried to add a handlebar riser on this or similar SLMRO model? I want to raise mine to see if the riding position is more comfortable. There are several options on Amazon. I think the measurement that matters most is the stem diameter.
I suspect the riding position is quite intentional. A more upright position would put less weight on the front wheel, and encourage wheel-spin when in dual motor mode.

Dude! This thing is FUN in deep snow. That GIF was at peddle assist 1. I was still getting the feel of it. I did not video when I was tearing it up on PA5. It was like I was on a dirt bike. I fell a few times. Whew!

On this general topic I had a very strange experience today. I live in extreme Southern Arizona. I wondered if the Yellowstone caldera popped today. I had this white ashy looking substance falling from the sky. I was worried it signaled the end of times.

Whatever kind of ash it was magically went away in a couple of hours. It was really weird.

Attachments

• 07 Jan 2023 Snow scaled.jpg
    07 Jan 2023 Snow scaled.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 41
You should have gone for a ride. It gets great traction in snow with both both motors but watch out for those turns, even the tiny ones. The front wheel will spin the bike right out from under you. I tried using just the rear motor in the deep snow but the bike went nowhere. I also noticed that just 15 minutes of riding around like this used 2 bars of battery life.

You should have gone for a ride. It gets great traction in snow with both both motors but watch out for those turns, even the tiny ones. The front wheel will spin the bike right out from under you. I tried using just the rear motor in the deep snow but the bike went nowhere. I also noticed that just 15 minutes of riding around like this used 2 bars of battery life.

That voltage sag is brutal sometimes lol :)

That voltage sag is brutal sometimes lol :)
I agree, this is why I normally run single motor mode. This is also why I have picked up two more 48 Volt batteries and a battery combiner. At some point I will find the time to install all of that. It will give me over 60 Ah of capacity.

For the record, so many sellers have no clue what kind of batteries they are selling. If you ask about spacing on mounting holes, how many cells (or what type), how many cells are in parallel, and what kind of connectors the battery base uses..... they simply don't know. They bought them in mass at a bargain price, and often sell with very inflated specifications. My 30 Ah 48v pack ended up being a 20 Ah 48v pack (and suspiciously weighed exactly what the battery which came with the bike weighed). It was lighter than the SMLRO 22.4 Ah battery by almost 2 pounds.

I suspect the battery which came with the bike was only 20 Ah, and not the 22.4 Ah they advertised. But, I have not been curious enough to tear down the pack to check (Like I did the alleged 30 Ah pack). But, after I provided the vendor with a detailed breakdown of the battery only being 20 Ah, he provided a $100 partial refund, which made the cost of the battery only $280, which was a reasonable price for that battery. It was a 13S4P battery with Panasonic 21700 50E batteries (5 Ah per cell, with 4 in parallel). The battery was carefully re-assembled and is quite functional after the inspection.

View attachment 12773

Amazon sellers who sell these batteries state it's a 20Ah with 4 Pins.

I'm thinking of this Ebike, but I want to change out the battery entire, but I don't know the controller's specs.

I'm thinking of either installing a 42V 24Ah (not much but better), and possibly the 52V 24Ah LG4800 Cell.

I'll sell off their 22.4AH (in reality only 20Ah).

Do you know the controller's specs? Might even change the controller too if need be. The purpose is to get better range with a brand battery, and with the 52V, maybe a little more spunk without burning anything out.

Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking of this Ebike, but I want to change out the battery entire, but I don't know the controller's specs.

I'm thinking of either installing a 42V 24Ah (not much but better), and possibly the 52V 24Ah LG4800 Cell.

I'll sell off their 22.4AH (in reality only 20Ah).

Do you know the controller's specs? Might even change the controller too if need be. The purpose is to get better range with a brand battery, and with the 52V, maybe a little more spunk without burning anything out.

Thanks in advance!
As I recall, they are 20 amp controllers, but usually configured to only be about 12 amps on the Zeeger. On the SMLRO bikes they run them a bit hotter, which is why the go about 3-4 MPH faster.

Back