Cracked 1,000 miles on the Aventon Level.2

Smaug

Local time
3:00 AM
IMG_5543.jpeg
IMG_5542.jpeg
IMG_5541.jpeg
I knew it would happen on yesterday’s ride. It happened in the usually scenic harbor. Too bad it was so foggy.

It was about 19 miles along the west coast of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI.

Nice, looks like the weather we have here on the other side of the lake, I put on 25 miles today just tooling around.

Attachments

• SUNRIDE.jpg
    SUNRIDE.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 40
Smaug,

You keep stacking those miles up! I must admit the weather has reduced how much I have been riding. It has either been cold, rainy, or both lately.

The rainy weather gave us a reprieve. The temperature is 66 degrees right now. My spouse and I took a ride across town to Walmart, and grabbed a coffee in the coffee shop that was inside the super-store. We stopped by a BMX dirt track on the way back and did some technical riding. I am trying to build her confidence with riding more on the edge.

Smaug,

You keep stacking those miles up! I must admit the weather has reduced how much I have been riding. It has either been cold, rainy, or both lately.
At the beginning of winter, I felt pretty tough, riding in the 30s. Then, it got down into the 20s and I started wearing overpants, ski mittens and a ski helmet.

Next, it got down to around -8 °F (-13 °C) and I stopped riding. It was cold even walking between my car and buildings. I started to feel increasingly frustrated by every little irritant.

When it got back into the 30s last week, it felt like spring, except that it was foggy and raining the whole week. Finally on Saturday, it stopped raining and I was raring to go! It was 28 °F this morning and I didn't even feel like I needed my overpants.

I'm proud of the 1,000 miles, because my daily commute is only 4 miles. Getting 1k took consistency and also a lot of shopping to get there in under a year.

Back