Opportunities/Excuses to Ride!

leehop71

Local time
5:27 PM
Even though it’s still in that brutal heat/humidity season here in SW FL, I still jump at opportunities/excuses to ride above and beyond, or in lieu of, my early morning exercise route!

I’ve gone to the store twice for my wife to pick up small items that will fit in my removable handlebar basket!

Before, I was riding a morning route just M-W-F mornings for exercise on my 7 speed, now I ride everyday except Sundays, because of church, but once the weather breaks I’ll ride everyday and probably more than once a day!

I had no idea how these e-bikes functioned and now I’m semi-obsessed!!

I think one of the nice “perks” of e-bikes over acoustic bikes is being able to better beat the heat. While it’s in the 60s here today, last week it was 90 and humid. Despite that, I had no problems with my work commutes. I just up-adjusted the PAS a bit to reduce my workload and enjoyed the breeze as I pedaled. Got to work without being a sweaty slob. ;)

I have a 40/40 rule when it comes to riding my motorcycle. Less than 40% chance of rain and above 40 °f I'll ride. I can handle wet or cold but not together. On the e-bike I'll stay closer to home as rain chances increase. Not sure how well the electrics would hold up to some of the torrential downpours we have here. Now when it gets into the 90's with high humidity I shut down almost all outdoor activities except drinking some beer and doing a little fishing in some shady spot. The older I get I find myself less tolerant of heat and quite a few other things. Oh well it is what is.
Peace

I feel your pain Brother, we're at our city record of 71 days above 100 degrees this year. Going out anywhere for more than 10 min's, makes you want to turn around and head back or spontaneously combust,,, lol

Turned into a nice evening for a ride.
Peace
20230910_190001 (1).jpg

I've seen people with their RC boats there a few times and they do rip. I have a pond behind my house where I've seen them run a couple of times. The last time I saw young man swim out to retrieve a boat that had stopped. I went and showed them this picture of one of our local residents.
20221129_100100.jpg

They haven't come back since then.

Back