eMoped Thread

I dunno man. Three kiloBucks is a lot for a no-name Amazon eBike.

Also, why dual motor on a street-oriented bike? Spend that cost elsewhere. Bigger motor on the rear maybe? More stout controller?

If you like that bike, “A” pointed out to me that there are some on aliexpress for less money and similar specs. (Admittedly, they don’t look as cool…)
The dual motor ebikes are fun! The hill climbing ability is awesome to. I just thought it was a nice looking bike for the money. I have been having a blast on my dual motor ebike/emoped.

The dual motor ebikes are fun! The hill climbing ability is awesome to. I just thought it was a nice looking bike for the money. I have been having a blast on my dual motor ebike/emoped.
...but yours is a pretty rugged offroad bike with really aggressive knobbies, right? It's not going slip as soon as you start climbing a hill.

Hey, if you like it go for it, but it just seems like a lot of money for what it is. That bike above looks just like this one, except it lacks the rear rack:

One feature I was looking for was cast wheels, and street tread tires, which that one doesn't have.

I also wonder about the super-long swingarm and accompanying chain. Seems like that'd be slapping around all over the place.

Took my 2WD AliEx eMoped out for a few miles, temperature in the mid 40's, got about 32 mph and backed off..
UrWgVTE.jpg

77NrIVj.jpg

Took my 2WD AliEx eMoped out for a few miles, temperature in the mid 40's, got about 32 mph and backed off..
UrWgVTE.jpg

77NrIVj.jpg
"A" what do they call that bike? Would you be willing to post a pic of your fuel tank battery connector/ terminals. I am trying to source another fuel tank battery for a different bike. But your battery looks identical to mine. Thanks.

Nice looking bike! With 3 batterys it should have some range.

No particular name for the model.. just a link to the seller.

I think in the future I will just carry one battery at a time, with three batteries mounted on the bike, it is rather heavy
and rides like a underpowered motorcycle, even when compared to my 2004 250 Ninja.
Maybe with less weight of the battery it would feel more nimble.
But the bike feels solid, no rattling parts.
Here's a picture of the top battery mount:
zvBgccz.jpg

I think in the future I will just carry one battery at a time, with three batteries mounted on the bike, it is rather heavy
and rides like a underpowered motorcycle, even when compared to my 2004 250 Ninja.
zvBgccz.jpg

Better connectors than the old spade style connectors ... nice :)

zvBgccz.jpg
Thank you. I cant see the best, does your fuel tank battery have 4 terminals or 6 terminals on the battery/battery holder? Thanks. I appreciate it.

Thank you. I cant see the best, does your fuel tank battery have 4 terminals or 6 terminals on the battery/battery holder? Thanks. I appreciate it.

4 terminals. You can click on the image and zoom in on the picture.

The only problem is this bike needs at least 1500w. These moped style eBikes probably don't appeal to you bicycler eBikers, but like he says near the end of the video, "if you're a motorcycle rider looking for a eBike, this is your bike."
I've had motorcycles, a old Cushman Scooter, an numerous bicycles, one EMoped, build two gasbikes and by far for long distance riding
the motorcycle or the EMoped is the best. The EMoped is by far the quietest and most comfortable to ride and I wouldn't have most
bicycles or Ebikes if they didn't have a full suspension.

They all look terrible to me, sorry, they all look way OTT, I find that with "foreign" bikes mainly US they all have to be OTT design wise

I've had motorcycles, a old Cushman Scooter, an numerous bicycles, one EMoped, build two gasbikes and by far for long distance riding
the motorcycle or the EMoped is the best. The EMoped is by far the quietest and most comfortable to ride and I wouldn't have most
Out of curiosity, which eMoped do you have?

Akez S1 dual-battery.
Very cool. $1300 for a dual battery moto-style eBike is a deal, unless the quality is total crap:

I like that the battery weight is biased forward, to help compensate for the rearward weight bias of the rider and rear hub motor. The fenders look like a useful length, which is something we can't say about the more expensive Ariel Rider models.

For my part, I'm on the fence.

I have a Class 3 eBike now. (Aventon Level.2) It looks enough like a mechanical bike and when there's no one else on the bike paths, I occasionally will let it rip up to 28 mph.

I'm thinking about an eMoped (would literally be classified as a moped or motorcycle if unlocked) It's particularly tempted because the highest speed limit toward the center of my city is 30 mph. 28 is doable. 35 would allow me to not slow traffic down.

The one I'm leaning toward now is the Revv 1 by Ride1up:

I guess it's time for manufacturers to start making proper electric scooters to replace the 49.5cc gassers. (they have them in Japan already, but not here)
The Akez S1 I bought had a few problems with it the LCD and controller wasn't properly setup, the thing came in with a rear tire flat,
the bike stand is junk and it has a controller limited to under 20 amps draw. The LCD display is the best I've seen though with good
programming if you have a password for it! A Chinese Gal posted the password on YT then you have 18 advanced settings to
customize the settings to your liking. Unlocked on flat terrain depending on rider weight, 28 mph-external GPS speed. The batteries
each have a separate charger that's at 2 amps each and fully charged they will charge up to 55 amps. The rear tire as a bad tire from
what I found since it sat in shipping so it had some belts that were damaged. I replaced it with a new tire and haven't had any problems
with the EMoped since. I've got way over 2,000 moles on it and I pull a trailer with it like the 212cc gasbike. You can't tell there's a
trailer is behind the EMoped when pulling at least 55 lbs of weight in the trailer.

A Cushman scooter!! Man are you old, I had one too lol. I was lucky to live through it unscathed.

Back