eMoped in the UK

av02

Local time
6:42 AM
Hi, everyone. Just found this site and registered. Here in the UK, a moped is not a pedal assisted ebike, but the equivalent of a 50cc "motorcycle".
One of the very few electric versions being sold here, is by a fantastic company down on the South Coast, called bumblee bikes :
From whom I just purchaded this in a sale:
I believe it is sold elsewhere in the world as the Eahora M1, the Mangosteen M1, the Citycoco M1, to name a few ! !

Anyhoo, it arrives on Wednesday, and was already looking to add stuff to make it a bit more unique. Hope it's ok to post in the "emopeds" section. Or should I be in another section?
Thanks in advance!!!

Zak

Reference Link

It seems that there is no equivalent in the UK to what we (USA) call eMopeds here. Generally in the US, a (fuel-powered) moped is limited to 25 mph. Then, there are eBikes, in Classes 1, 2 or 3. Classes 1 and 2 are limited to 20 mph assist; similar to your regular eBikes there. (except that you're limited to 15.5 mph) USA Class 3 is limited to 28 mph assisted, similar to your Speed Pedelec class there.

Your Bumblebee Sting advertises 30 mph with the option to un-restrict to go faster, so it would qualify as a scooter or moped. Unrestrict it to go faster than 28 mph and it would fall in L3e-A1 class. No speed limit, so you may as well de-restrict it.

Anyway, sure you're welcome to post about it here! Welcome!

Back