eMoped Thread

My freego f3 pro max weighs in at 108lbs. Time I added baskets & turn signals & such. It now tips the scale at a touch over 120lbs.
20240131_154313.jpg

My Stealth weights 120 lbs. An average eMoped weights about 80 lb.

My first real motorcycle, a Honda S90 weighed 212 lbs. A Honda Rukus, arguably the wimpiest motorcycle available weights 194 lbs. A Honda Grom weights 224 lbs. A Honda Super Cub weights 238 lbs.

My Stealth weights 120 lbs. An average eMoped weights about 80 lb.

My first real motorcycle, a Honda S90 weighed 212 lbs. A Honda Rukus, arguably the wimpiest motorcycle available weights 194 lbs. A Honda Grom weights 224 lbs. A Honda Super Cub weights 238 lbs.
I would have never thought your stealth would tip the scales at 120lbs. I was figuring 80-85lbs.

I'm sure thou the battery is probably 1/2 of that weight.

I would have never thought your stealth would tip the scales at 120lbs. I was figuring 80-85lbs.

I'm sure thou the battery is probably 1/2 of that weight.
Interestingly in 2013 the stock 72v, 18ah battery weighed 25 lbs. My latest 72v, 35ah battery weighs 25 lbs.

I have an interest in these bikes. Unlikely I will take the plunge, but, I have been following along.

One thing I find odd about Many of these - the manufacturer just mounts the battery somewhere - Exposed. I don't get it. Why not have Some sort of compartment. It looks bad, and, it can't be good for longevity - and sitting out in the sun.
The batteries have a very strong housing. No need to worry that they’re not enclosed by the frame.

I can't agree. While the housings are strong, it is far safer to have them inside the frame. Ideally, a light colored frame that reflects the sun/heat.
Wouldn't want to have a naked battery sitting in direct sunlight all day.

It's also an invitation for the bad people of the universe to mess with it.

This one looks pretty good, and has enough power to be interesting. I think it's easy to see from this video who the company is targeting

This bike will probably put a lot of eBike company's out of business. One lesson from this video is after a certain power point PAS is a bad idea. I like the way this guy rides, reminds me of me.

He's very formulaic; obviously doing reviews for a living. But he does point out some good stuff and does a good job of showing every step of the way. Nice, succinct editing.

He does a couple things as part of his formula that I think are stupid:
  • Electric wheelie, then stops it at 90°. What is he showing us with this? Just trying to look fancy?
  • The short climb out of his garage doesn't really tell us much; he should skip that. The "California Incline" is a better one.
  • I think he's a bit reckless on the public MUPs; getting a lot of irritated glances from pedestrians

He's very formulaic; obviously doing reviews for a living. But he does point out some good stuff and does a good job of showing every step of the way. Nice, succinct editing.

He does a couple things as part of his formula that I think are stupid:
  • Electric wheelie, then stops it at 90°. What is he showing us with this? Just trying to look fancy?
  • The short climb out of his garage doesn't really tell us much; he should skip that. The "California Incline" is a better one.
  • I think he's a bit reckless on the public MUPs; getting a lot of irritated glances from pedestrians
Yes, I feel like he pushes beyond the edge of safety. But, even with the useless bits, I like how he repeats (almost) all the scenarios between different bikes. He has a couple scenarios he reserves for the more powerful bikes (such as the steep dirt hill next to the beach). Probably the most non-uniform test he does is the "range test", as he does more rigorous testing on the more powerful bikes, draining their batteries at a much higher rate. The range test must be taken with a grain of salt.

The other thing I notice is on the "leader board" for the 0-20 MPH time, he tends to list other bikes which are in the general range of the bike he is testing. One thing which you must "carry in your head" is various top speeds in the dry/soft sand. That metric should be on a chart like the 0-20 MPH is. Unsurprisingly, the top runners in the dry sand are all dual motor bikes which have 1KW motors on each wheel. They beat the more powerful Single Motor bikes (eCells, Wired Freedom, Motor Goat V3). This is a good measure of torque, and hill climbing ability. Usually the "California Incline" is crowded, and he does not have the safe space to get some bikes up to full speed.

Back