STAY FAR AWAY FROM HIMIWAY EBIKES AND SERVICE!

No2Himiway

Local time
10:51 PM
AVOID THIS COMPANY!

We ordered 2 Himiway step thru bikes March 8th 2021. They were a month behind the date we were told they'd be delivered. They finally arrived, we had a professional bike shop assemble the bikes. So far so good as we rode them 3 times. When we charged the battery the 4th time, a great arcing spark happened at the connector to the battery and smelled really bad and burnt. The battery no longer would charge.

We contacted Himiway and they said they would send a replacement and we had to send it back. They asked we pay 99.00 for the return of the battery and we thought that was really odd. Here is where everything went downhill. We were told to try a battery shop. No one would touch it.

We went back and after 71 emails back and forth and MASSIVE lies, we still have no battery months later. We were promised a temporary battery and they never shipped just excuse after excuse.
In conclusion if you get a good bike, lucky you. If you need any help from HIMIWAY, you WILL BE treated horribly

All they care about is the $$$$$. They don't give a crap if your bike has problems. They recently banned me from their Facebook page and took down all my post because I asked them why they weren't helping customers having problems. I will no longer promote their bike. If someone ask I will tell them the truth. Its a gamble to buy one of their bikes. You may get lucky like myself so far or you may have problems and get no help at all from them.
They have a lot of nerve offering a 2 year warranty and then ignoring customers when they have problems. Was thinking of getting another bike for the wife. Well guess what? It won't be a Himiway, cuz I don't give a crap about them either!

And they just went up on their prices instead of improving on customer support. (n)

AVOID THIS COMPANY!

We ordered 2 Himiway step thru bikes March 8th 2021. They were a month behind the date we were told they'd be delivered. They finally arrived, we had a professional bike shop assemble the bikes. So far so good as we rode them 3 times. When we charged the battery the 4th time, a great arcing spark happened at the connector to the battery and smelled really bad and burnt. The battery no longer would charge.

We contacted Himiway and they said they would send a replacement and we had to send it back. They asked we pay 99.00 for the return of the battery and we thought that was really odd. Here is where everything went downhill. We were told to try a battery shop. No one would touch it.

We went back and after 71 emails back and forth and MASSIVE lies, we still have no battery months later. We were promised a temporary battery and they never shipped just excuse after excuse.
In conclusion if you get a good bike, lucky you. If you need any help from HIMIWAY, you WILL BE treated horribly
Unfortunately you just described what happens with the majority of these direct to consumer e-bike companies. At best most of them only have warehouse people handling their US business, while everything else is China based.

I ordered my Himiway on March 3rd 2021 and received it March 11, 2021. I have been fortunate having no issues with my bike. I have over 250 miles on the bike at this point and it seems to be getting better with time.

I have spent a great deal of time researching the brand and model to find everything I could about the best setup via the display to maximise the performance and reliability of the bike. I doubt most people would take the time to learn as much as I have. These are mass produced products to a price point by people/country not know for the QC of products.

The one reason I choose Himiway was because their bikes are a assemblage of commonly available parts. My thought was I could find and replace every single component on the bike is necessary even if the company failed to back their warranty.

You battery problem is a major issue as this is the single most expensive part to replace on the bike. I don't know who you have been communicating with at Himiway, but I can tell if it US based personal you won't get any help. I have a couple of emails to people in China that may be of help to you.

#1. Service@himiwaybike.com
#2. Customer3@himiwaybike.com. This is after sale support

I hope this helps you with your battery issue. But keep in mind the reason for the failure maybe be other than the battery, could be the controller and display as well. Until you know for sure what the source of the problem is I would be very careful and not just plug in a new battery.

I never had a company with such poor service and lack of professionalism. Many promises to help and never once came through. They actually wanted to send me a bike bag as a consolation for horrible service. What am I going to do, put the bag on a bike that I cannot ride?

AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Exactly the same thing happened to me. My battery arc'd. The local ebike store ran the other way when I brought it to him. Said I was the third one in a month with the same problem. Worst customer service I ever experienced. I now own a 71# boat anchor with 250 miles on it. They have sent me a new controller (which I had to pay for up front) and two new wiring harnesses. No success. Display still goes to error 30 and then shuts down. No power to rear wheel at all.

If these are bottle-mount frame batteries, that use a rack that the battery slides into, then it is most likely the pins on the rack getting bent out of position. This is fairly common when the pins are two thin and the shell does not protect them very well. User actions can make this worse or even create the problem with rough or twisting motions when installing or removing battery.

Back