A head scratcher.

Capt. Jack

Local time
6:00 AM
LA part time, on a boat near Seattle part time.
Thanks to everyone for having me. We love our Rad-Mini's we take them in our Sprinter van and on our boat.

2018 Rad-Mini one is wife, one mine. Mine will not start up. After the shop gave it back (they could not fix it) They (we) replaced the wiring harness, controller, battery, I just check the battery leads at the controller 52 V. but still nothing. I removed the controller from my bike installed it on wives bike, fired up. I removed head unit and starter/shifter switch from my bike and installed on wifes bike, fired right up. I hooked up my wife's bike to my rear Bafang motor, motor ran fine. I check clearance on my pedal sensor, no change. I lubed my hand breaks, no change. What am I missing? All the components check fine, but still no start, no light up on the head unit.Am I missing something? Nothing, nada, zilch...
IMG_7904.jpeg

The shop installed a new wiring harness, new controller and battery mount. They said it ran and they rode it. I got it, nothing. I charged it up, no start. after 15 min. it went to 40 v. I got new battery, still nothing. I hooked my motor up to my wives bike, motor ran great. I connected every wire from her good bike to mine, my bike no run. I removed my display and starter switch, and hooked to hers, lit up. I checked ever part by removing parts from my bike and installing it on hers. All my components check out fine...Kinda bizarre huh?

The shop installed a new wiring harness, new controller and battery mount. They said it ran and they rode it. I got it, nothing. I charged it up, no start. after 15 min. it went to 40 v. I got new battery, still nothing. I hooked my motor up to my wives bike, motor ran great. I connected every wire from her good bike to mine, my bike no run. I removed my display and starter switch, and hooked to hers, lit up. I checked ever part by removing parts from my bike and installing it on hers. All my components check out fine...Kinda bizarre huh?
If a bike shop did all this & it did not work when I got home, or even if it quit a week after they worked on it. I would be going back to that bike shop. Demanding them to fix it.

Back