Third kit arrived, another problem.

Liam52

Local time
9:01 AM
I'm very frustrated. I have had to return two kits already to Amazon. My latest arrived today, a Bafang 750 rear hub motor kit. It is a freehub wheel, I thought it was a freewheel. No problem there, just order gears set. Instructions were to test before mounting. Hooked everything up. Nothing. LCD screen, blank, no movement at the wheel. Headlight didn't even come on. Battery tested, full up.
Do I assume it is the controller? Does the system have a hidden fuse somewhere?
My heart sank a little when the Fedex driver put the box on the porch, it clearly has been taped back up more than a couple of times.
The controller is a no name compact size unit. Has all the right ratings on the label. Only clue to identity is ; 'drawing number' LD-AK-007
What do you suggest guys? Return again? I'm still waiting for refund on #2. Buy another controller as a test? Do battle with Bafang?
Give up, sell bike for scrap metal? Buy a brand name ebike?
I'm getting the idea that the ebike kit industry is rife with these issues, am I right or just unlucky?

It makes no sense NOT to return it - get it back to Amazon and get credit. I would suggest you do a Google got Johnny Nerd Out - watch a couple of his videos - then shop his site or shoot him a email on what he could put together.

It makes no sense NOT to return it - get it back to Amazon and get credit. I would suggest you do a Google got Johnny Nerd Out - watch a couple of his videos - then shop his site or shoot him a email on what he could put together.
fabbrisd: I probably will do that. I found Johnny Nerd Out, I signed up. I've seen his videos on youtube too. I think I will book a consultation, if he takes paypal. He uses only mid drives. My donor bike, an old steel Huffy MTB has down tube and seat post tubes that intrude into the BB. I converted to european cartridge bearing by drilling and grinding away to clear the adapter. So I'm not confident it would be suitable. I am not averse to buying a bike to convert. Thus the consultation. I do have an old school bike shop nearby that sells old bikes for about $25 sometimes.
My personal bike is a Priority Turi, and I'm not touching it.
Thanks.

Back