Purchase Experience

joe jama

Local time
5:06 AM
In mid-September 2023 I ordered 2 Lectric eBikes - one black, one white.
The black bike arrived with no issues.
The white bike arrived with frame damage - it appears that the damage occurred during manufacturing, not shipment, because there was no damage to the box.
I contacted Lectric eBikes, they provided me with a FedEx shipping label for the return. FedEx picked up the bike.

A couple of weeks later, I received the replacement bike - it was the wrong color.
I considered keeping the bike, but it also had a completely flat tire - the tire was almost off the rim.
I tried pumping up the tire, but it would not hold air - there is a hole somewhere.

How could the bike have a flat when Lectric claims to put Slime in the tires?
Also, I saw no evidence of Slime anywhiere?

I contacted Lectric eBikes, they provided me with a FedEx shipping label for the return.

FedEx was supposed to pickup the bike today - they never showed up.
I called FedEx, they said the package was not on the front porch ! ! !
Really, all the driver had to do was ring my door bell.

FedEx is supposed to come back tomorrow.
I hope the porch pirates don't find it first.

Lectric eBikes appears to have a serious quality control issue:
- shipping bikes with a damaged frame
- shipping the wrong color bike
- shipping bikes with flat tires
- shipping bikes with no Slime in the tires

It is November 2, 2023 I still have only one bike.

I am very disappointed.

I would NOT purchase another bike from Lectric eBikes.

Wow, sorry to read of your plight. It does INDEED sound like they’re slacking off on QC lately.

They’re so busy producing These good value bikes that they’re cutting corners elsewhere.

Maybe tell them to keep this bike refund your money, then go buy an Aventon from a local dealer? Their quality is good and you can try before you buy and have local service in case of troubles.

Are are these Lectric XP 3.0 ? You mention Slime pre-installed - thats why I ask.

In the eBike space - your situation shows Lectric Customer Service is both Accessible and Responsive.

It's upsetting to receive 2 eBikes in a row that were "not right" - YES you were able to reach customer service both times - YES you got 2 FedEx Ground return-labels/w-free pickup.

In the eBike Space - you got Top Customer Service - doesn't help the burn of 2 "not right bikes" - but shows others here Lectric is a solid company.

If your objective is to have "matching" eBike with your wife - same model and performance - then 3rd time "might be" a charm.

The XP 3.0 for like $1000 is problably the leader in that category at that price

YES - paint/frame damage is a issue across the eBike space.

Aventon solves this by selling their bikes on-the-floor at their retail dealers Juiced has full foam packaging for their eBikes.

So you know - Slime sealant is Old News - the New News in sealant is FlatOut about 400% better than Slime and is like $20 Amazon or HomeDepot etc.

Good Luck !

Sorry to hear of your experience. We recently purchased 2 bikes, one from Juiced and one from Lectric. Juiced is superior in their packaging, but there were zero issues with the wife’s Lectric 3.0, much less to put together too. I know it is a pain, but at least they are responding, look around on the forum here, there are some who never received their bikes after prepaying and lengthy waits with zero response from the companies. If you like the specs of the Lectric give them a final chance. If not I have found Juiced to be responsive as well. No experience with other companies except what I read here.

Sorry to hear of your experience. We recently purchased 2 bikes, one from Juiced and one from Lectric. Juiced is superior in their packaging, but there were zero issues with the wife’s Lectric 3.0, much less to put together too. I know it is a pain, but at least they are responding, look around on the forum here, there are some who never received their bikes after prepaying and lengthy waits with zero response from the companies. If you like the specs of the Lectric give them a final chance. If not I have found Juiced to be responsive as well. No experience with other companies except what I read here.
When I need to return something more than once, I usually include a hand-written letter asking them to PLEASE do a manual quality check before sending it to me.

I would also consider writing a letter to the CEO, letting him or her know that they're forgetting their basic values that built their brand into what it is today. When you have a direct-to-consumer sales model, QC is VERY important, as it saves expensive shipping costs in the short term and customer loyalty in the long term.

You want your bike to match your wife's, but next time you're in the market for an eBike, you're going to remember this experience with Lectric and be very likely to explore the other options, as Lectric has not earned your repeat business or loyalty in general.

Sometimes, this happens when a company is not selective enough in who they hire. Labor supply is small now at the lower pay rates. Only undocumented workers... Maybe they need to pay more and be more selective? Hire fewer millenials and Gen Z and invest in Gen X who still give a damn about what they're doing?

Tangent: At my company, they asked us higher paid professionals to go down and do re-kitting and practical use testing on tools. This is normally reserved for temps or entry level laborer positions, but they couldn't find either! I'm thinking if they paid more, they would have been able to find them, but it was cheaper to ask salaried engineers to do it. When a company says: "we can't get enough staff" what it really means is "We are not willing to pay enough to get enough staff in this business climate."

Sorry to hear.......my experience with Lectric was very positive.....that was a year ago last june.....my bike arrived fully assembled.....no damage....I could have put air in tires and rode off......I instead made sure all was torqued and tight before going for spin. The bike has been great......hope their growth isn't affecting their customer service. Hope your new bike arrives properly.

I am very disappointed.

I would NOT purchase another bike from Lectric eBikes.
I'm no marketing expert, but I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to have someone in the company monitoring the most important (e)bike forums and reply with an apology, a promise to fix the problem and maybe a free gift. One message like that can mean 100 people looking elsewhere. It's like airlines not dealing with problems at airports, but treating customers as if they're just begging for a favour.

I know, I am an idiot and will never understand it.

I'm no marketing expert, but I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to have someone in the company monitoring the most important (e)bike forums and reply with an apology, a promise to fix the problem and maybe a free gift. One message like that can mean 100 people looking elsewhere. It's like airlines not dealing with problems at airports, but treating customers as if they're just begging for a favour.

I know, I am an idiot and will never understand it.
You would think so wouldn't you?

Eres un puntal...so you know some eBike companies host a customer chat service or a customer forum on their brand website - some eBike companies choose to sponsor and moderate a Facebook Group for their brand..

To my knowledge this forum is not sponsored by any eBike brands.

Eres un puntal...so you know some eBike companies host a customer chat service or a customer forum on their brand website - some eBike companies choose to sponsor and moderate a Facebook Group for their brand..

To my knowledge this forum is not sponsored by any eBike brands.su
Sure. What I meant was that it might be a smart marketing move to answer complaints on the general forums as well.

p.s. I am Italian, not Spanish. I speak pretty fluent English and Spanish, having lived in the UK, USA, Australia, Chile and Spain for several years each, although languages are not my strongest point unfortunately. :confused: So please forgive my mistakes.

Back