Hello from Ohio

Hi Proof

Local time
3:38 AM
My name is Mike and the wife and I (Rose) reside in Ohio. We are completely new to e-bikes and neither have ever been on one. I have done a lot of research on YouTube and decided to purchase 2 Lectric Trikes along with one of their pet trailers for our pooch. I am aware of associated problems such as shipping damage, wheel bearing issues, and the like but comparing apples to apples I can deal with issues that may arise since I am very handy electrically as well as mechanically. So today I ordered directly from Lectric and hope they all arrive so I might get in a ride on the Towpath before the Ohio snow flies. Already have 2 cans of spray brake cleaner ready to clean the new brake rotors and getting excited With anticipation. Thanks for having us onboard.

Welcome to the Forum - and let me offer some info and recommendations to you that should be helpful.

I am NOT affiliated with any of these products, and I am NOT affiliated with any sellers either. I recommend you consider each suggestion - these are GREAT products in their respective product class.

1. Barn Door Method to Unbox - which opens and drops the Front Face of the carton. See photo example below.

2. 4-tools/misc For Smoothest Setup- 1-decent Craft/Box knife 2-Diagonal Cutters for packaging zip ties 3- min-ratchet wrench set
4-dielectric-grease/lube

3. FlatOut Tire Sealant & Rechargable Inflator Pump FlatOut is AWSEOME and 2-bottles will put recommended 10oz in each of your 6-tires. The "newer" rechargeable bike pumps are super handy - w/flip locking hose-to-valve connector

4. I believe in Great Headlights

Attachments

• PG 1 NOV 4 UNBOXING.jpg
    PG 1 NOV 4 UNBOXING.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 48
  • PG 2 NOV 4 UNBOXING.jpg
    PG 2 NOV 4 UNBOXING.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 3. NOV 4 FLATOUT & PUMP.jpg
    3. NOV 4 FLATOUT & PUMP.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 4. NOV 4 HEADLIGHT.jpg
    4. NOV 4 HEADLIGHT.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 48
Welcome to the Forum - and let me offer some info and recommendations to you that should be helpful.

I am NOT affiliated with any of these products, and I am NOT affiliated with any sellers either. I recommend you consider each suggestion - these are GREAT products in their respective product class.

1. Barn Door Method to Unbox - which opens and drops the Front Face of the carton. See photo example below.

2. 4-tools/misc For Smoothest Setup- 1-decent Craft/Box knife 2-Diagonal Cutters for packaging zip ties 3- min-ratchet wrench set
4-dielectric-grease/lube

3. FlatOut Tire Sealant & Rechargable Inflator Pump FlatOut is AWSEOME and 2-bottles will put recommended 10oz in each of your 6-tires. The "newer" rechargeable bike pumps are super handy - w/flip locking hose-to-valve connector

4. I believe in Great Headlights
Big believer in the tire sealant, I’ve had similar in my tractor tires for years with no flats since. Before that thorn bushes would get me weekly. Anyone got any good recommendations for a decent iPhone holder for the handlebars. Thanks!

Welcome!

I wonder why you are thinking of a trailer, when you have those nice big baskets in the trikes? Must be a BIG dog!

I really like my Lectric XP Lite. The quality and customer service have been very good for me. I hear tell around here that their quality might be slipping a bit lately with these new models being introduced and seemingly not enough staff to support them. I hope it isn't the case for you!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay!

Welcome!

I wonder why you are thinking of a trailer, when you have those nice big baskets in the trikes? Must be a BIG dog!

I really like my Lectric XP Lite. The quality and customer service have been very good for me. I hear tell around here that their quality might be slipping a bit lately with these new models being introduced and seemingly not enough staff to support them. I hope it isn't the case for you!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay!
We have a 8 month old Border Collie that’s just shy 50 pounds. Definitely can’t put her in the front or rear baskets. She loves riding around the property on my golf cart so I’m sure she will love the trike ride.

The issues you mention with staff kinda sounds like what I’m experiencing with Tesla. I have been self employed the majority of my life and if there’s one thing I have learned is listen to your customer and give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are talking about when discussing a problem.

The included rear basket is pretty big; interior dimensions are 17” x 12 1/2” x 4 3/4”. It's rated for 75 lbs.

She'd have to sit rather than lay, but Border Collies are smart enough to handle that, right? Put a nice little cushion in there and a short leash to tether her...

Adding a trailer is probably going to mean one of you has significantly less range than the other, and that's a shame.

The included rear basket is pretty big; interior dimensions are 17” x 12 1/2” x 4 3/4”. It's rated for 75 lbs.

She'd have to sit rather than lay, but Border Collies are smart enough to handle that, right? Put a nice little cushion in there and a short leash to tether her...

Adding a trailer is probably going to mean one of you has significantly less range than the other, and that's a shame.
I’ll have to consider that thanks for the suggestio. Maybe the trailer for short jaunts and the basket for longer jaunts. Not sure exactly how much ground I’ll be covering anyway. Are plans are to explore the Ohio Towpath by launching at different points on different days. That should give us a good start for the trike and help us to get a feel for it and know what to expect from it. Trust me this e-bike thing is completely new to us yet we are both looking forward to it.

Back