Just a Couple Old Folk Joining the Fun

TheOtherChris

Local time
11:56 PM
A couple of months ago My Dear Wife and I learned of the Route of the Hiawatha (Rail to Trail) in Northern Idaho.
When we learned it was a downhill trail we decided to give it a try.
So I installed a receiver hitch on her car and bought a cheap platform rack.
A couple weeks ago we loaded up our old Wally pedal bikes and made the drive.
We had so much fun we decided we wanted to do this more often but figured it would be even more fun with ebikes.
So now we have a couple of Aventon.2 ST bikes on the way (if FedEx can figure out where they are) so we can plan the next trip.
20230824_123311.jpg

20230824_124206.jpg

Trestle long 2 cropped.JPG

Trail end compressed.jpg

A couple of months ago My Dear Wife and I learned of the Route of the Hiawatha (Rail to Trail) in Northern Idaho.
When we learned it was a downhill trail we decided to give it a try.
So I installed a receiver hitch on her car and bought a cheap platform rack.
A couple weeks ago we loaded up our old Wally pedal bikes and made the drive.
We had so much fun we decided we wanted to do this more often but figured it would be even more fun with ebikes.
So now we have a couple of Aventon.2 ST bikes on the way (if FedEx can figure out where they are) so we can plan the next trip.
View attachment 10444
View attachment 10448
View attachment 10449
View attachment 10450
Congrats on the new ebike purchase. Awesome scenery! Just beautiful & breath taking!

I watched a tv show on that ride & hope myself to do it someday.

Do they allow ebikes on that trail pass?

Congrats on the new ebikes & welcome to the forum.

Thank you!
The Hiawatha Trail is 15 miles one way starting with a 1.66 mile tunnel and then 7 trestles and 8 more tunnels.
With 2% grade downhill and shuttle available at the bottom it is an easy trail BUT....the shuttle only takes you back up as far the first tunnel so you end up riding back up through the long tunnel to return to your car.
Ebikes are permitted.

Back