Battery base, controller

R4yD8R

Local time
11:37 AM
I have a conversion kit on an older mtb and I think I've just blown a second controller. Riding along fine, hit a good jarring bump and BAM, nothing. No readout on the display, no power, no nothing. It's a Yose Power 48 volt 13 aH 500 watt rear hub/wheel kit. I have already had the charger replaced, the controller/base and display and the entire rear wheel/hub which required me to return everything besides the battery and key and after they sent me the new kit they said there was no more warranty, as expected. I've replaced everything besides the battery itself.

I'm hesitant to buy another base/controller from them because of how easily they fail but I've been looking around for a different one and I can't find any for a Hailong 4 pin battery with a controller built in. They all only have a 2 wire (red and black) power connector coming out of the case. Mine from Yose Power has 3 wire leads coming out. 1 goes to the motor, one to the controls up front, display, throttle control, and brake lever cutoffs, and the 3rd is for the PA sensor at the bottom bracket. I'm confused as to what I need to get my power motor back. I'm assuming I need a separate controller that the wires from the new base will connect to but I can't find one with the "Julien" ( I think, or something like that) connectors that will direct connect to my bike components...

What do I do? I can solder and do have a slodering station but I'm not very experienced with it. I also have a multi meter/tester but same thing, not my forte...

Frankly what you purcahsed is not rated for reliability. If Amazon has the same kit - order a new one in - out your old parrts in the packaging - process a Amazon return saying the vendor shipped a used set - and return for credit.

Frankly what you purcahsed is not rated for reliability. If Amazon has the same kit - order a new one in - out your old parrts in the packaging - process a Amazon return saying the vendor shipped a used set - and return for credit.
Come on that's fraud don't encourage anyone on forum to do something like. I'm watching you.

I'll own my Bad Attitude toward Low Ball Import Kit Suppliers who market their Kit's in volume thru Amazon/eBay/Etsy/where ever - in this case with a "18 month Consumer Warranty - without adequate support - and per the OP won't honor a 2nd in-warranty repair/replacement - they couldn't care less.

Yes - situations like this one - I get pissed. The OP is a nice guy - and aLow Ball company is our eBike space - is ONLY concerned about how many morew boxes they will ship and bill tmrw - and will say anything and everything they want when they advertise/market their product - then ALWAYS frack theeBike customer who already bought - frack me - I say frack them.

Back