Ebikeling Support is Abysmal

penndan

Local time
5:53 AM
Has anyone had an actual communication from Ebikeling that says anything other than Thanks for sending us money?
I bought a wheel motor kit that I need to return and then I bought a $40 shipping label to use to ship it back to them. I have since bought and received another motor kit, but no shipping label for my return. They don't answer the phone and they don't answer emails.

Your experience is similar to mine. I liked that they are US based and seemed to have a good product with encouraging reviews. On the rear hub 500w kit they only offer a 7 speed freewheel. I noticed that they offer a 8 speed freewheel set as an accessory and asked if they would substitute the 8 speed for the 7 speed. Their reply was that the 8 speed would change the dropout width. I asked for the difference in width. I got a "we'll get back with you" response and never heard from them again. Thankfully, they showed their colors before I made the purchase.

Yesterday I left a message on their phone number, sent a message on their website messages, and sent an email about my purchase of a Fedex label for a return of a kit and a request to talk to someone about how much I would be refunded for the returned item.
Today I got one email about the return label. A minor success!

On the 8-speed freewheel, the reason they would not substitute is the following. The 7-speed will fit in a standard dropout width, the 8-speed will require bending the frame. If they ship with the 8, they will get a lot back saying it will not fit, so they ship with the 7, which will fit, and if you want to buy the 8 as an accessory, then you install it, find out it wont fit, and put the 7 back on and ship back or just keep the 8 instead of the whole motor. Much less hassle for the company.

Ebikeling used to have good tech support personnel but they did not want to pay the cost for capable individuals to handle support issues, this is in part because most consumers just want their product as cheap as possible.

Back