Ebikeling 1200 watt kit going backwards?

dabuss7704

Local time
8:46 PM
I recently purchased Ebikeling 1200 watt rear direct drive kit for my 29in MTB. I purchased a 48v 15.6 ah battery to go with it off of E-bay. It ran great for about 200 miles. I had to switch the tube out today. After i put everything back together, the motor is all of the sudden turning in reverse. Everything is installed correctly and I did not mess with any of the wiring. I have triple checked everything, disconnected battery and all wires then re-connected everything and it just will not go forward. Anyone have any clue on a fix? I emailed them and of course they tell you they will respond in 48 hrs. and no telephone number. This is my ride to work.

SFAIK, the only way that can happen is if one or more pairs of Hall and phase wires get swapped, OR, if your controller has a reverse switch or wire which has been activated.

Does it run smoothly, or rough, in reverse? Full speed available? If smooth and fast, look hard for a switch or wire. Otherwise, it is time to find a phase wiring diagram and run through the steps. Only 36 possible combinations.

Hey, did you find this post in hopes of solving a problem YOU are having? Well, unfortunately, the OP did not give a crap about helping anyone but themselves, and so never bothered to post back with the end result of how he solved his problem.

Remember to update.

Also, this person LIED. I KNOW he LIED. Everything is NOT installed correctly and he DID mess with the wiring. There is no other way this happens. Do not LIE just to cover up your stupid. It makes you look even more stupid.

Back