Cycling Shorts?

I don’t ride long enough each time to ‘need’ cycling shorts/underwear, but I feel like if I bought a pair I’d probably notice a huge difference and want to buy 7 pair to wear everyday and those puppies aren’t cheap!!
Finally tried my under ware tonight. We had rain (a lot) for a couple days , then I went camping for the weekend. I did 14 miles tonight and they seem to help. I need a 20+ trip to see for sure. I wear the between my reg under ware and my denim shorts. I will wash every couple rides so no big expense.

I’ll wear them if the ride is beyond say….75-80 miles otherwise I wear a basic set of Columbia sports shorts. Mine are Pearl Izumi and quite comfortable but just not necessary for most of my riding.
Plus I have a theory that wearing the Columbias toughens things up “down there”. So far I think I’m correct.

I bought a pair of the padded cycling shorts last fall but just got around to wearing them recently. They do seem to help with longer rides. The thing I don't like about them is walking around if I stop for a break or to go into a store. It feels like I have a load in my pants. Those pads are kind of floating and juggling around as I walk. The wife says she can't notice anything when walking behind me, but it sure is an uncomfortable feeling. Maybe I bought the wrong kind. Anyone else experience this with their padded shorts?

You get used to it after a while.
Better than having the uncomfortable feeling of extra padding than getting monkey butt after a ride that may last for days.

I bought a pair of the padded cycling shorts last fall but just got around to wearing them recently. They do seem to help with longer rides. The thing I don't like about them is walking around if I stop for a break or to go into a store. It feels like I have a load in my pants. Those pads are kind of floating and juggling around as I walk. The wife says she can't notice anything when walking behind me, but it sure is an uncomfortable feeling. Maybe I bought the wrong kind. Anyone else experience this with their padded shorts?
Just put a potato in the front of your shorts....guaranteed.....nobody will be looking at your rear pads! LOL!

Back