Cold weather riding clothing..what do you wear?

ALWAYS state Autistic, as I can UNINTENTIONALLY come over as rude, I don't mean to be but my "attitude" can be misread especially by Americans. I like many carry a card

Attachments

• ddd (3).jpg
    ddd (3).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 38
ALWAYS state Autistic, as I can UNINTENTIONALLY come over as rude, I don't mean to be but my "attitude" can be misread especially by Americans. I like many carry a card
Some people think i'm rude and i am an American LOL :ROFLMAO:
You're ok mate, sometimes we all get along great, other times we argue and bicker alot ;)
Welcome to our own little corner of the internet :cat:

I ride here until the temp drops below minus 20 celcius. Clothing consists of lined jeans from costco, thick socks in felt pac boots for the lower half. Upper body gets merino wool long sleeve undershirt, wool sweater under one of those yellow high vis jackets. Hands inside leather snowmobile mitts with a chemical hand warmer in each mitt. Many riders here use pogos but with the wires etc on an ebike I find them not very useful. A thin silk type face covering similar to a balaclava and a Peruvian winter hat found at a local bike store a few years ago under the helmet. The winter hat is similar to a toque, but fits the head better, offers ear protection and is windproof. Goggles for eye protection at the lower temps as well. Disclaimer - I.m retired and most rides are in the woods and usually only 8 to 10 km's one way. Very little riding in the city in winter, we are just a few years into getting proper bike/walking paths and I fear the car and truck drivers.

[...] Very little riding in the city in winter, we are just a few years into getting proper bike/walking paths and I fear the car and truck drivers.
That's the thing, isn't it? We are finally starting to realize or remember there is another way to get around, but now people are feeling entitled to the whole road with their faces down in their phones. They're as bad as drunks, but it seems to go un-enforced.

If you haven't yet, please consider joining peopleforbikes.org.

That's the thing, isn't it? We are finally starting to realize or remember there is another way to get around, but now people are feeling entitled to the whole road with their faces down in their phones. They're as bad as drunks, but it seems to go un-enforced.

If you haven't yet, please consider joining peopleforbikes.org.
I've seen cops driving while texting...it is nuts!

I wear these, massively less than my Rayban and Oakleys but clear in the dull weather and larger

in BAD cold/rain this

Attachments

• 20230922_154945.jpg
    20230922_154945.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 32
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Find the tire you want then do a general search for the tire in the size you need and you might find a much better price.

The studded tires I have Schwalbe ice spiker pro retails for something like $135 but I found them for just under $70 still pricy but a lot less than full price. https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/schwalbe-ice-spiker-pro-hs379-dh-26-tubeless-mtb-tyre/137411664/p?id_producte=7008983&country=us&msclkid=0f70d55647eb126fb5a9b010f30bda98&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bikeinn USA SHOPPING_BING&utm_term=4581802410321527&utm_content=Bikeinn USA Marcas_BING

But you probably already did that. The cheapest is often 26" mountain bike tires.

Why can people/adverts not spell TYRE it is NOT tire, tire was adopted LOL by other counters later the original English spelling is Tyre and it was invented ....

Who invented tyre and when?

Dunlop tyre

John Boyd Dunlop (1840 – 1922) invented the pneumatic tyre in 1888, unaware that Robert Thomson had already patented a design for a pneumatic tyre in 1846.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cambridge Dictionary
https://dictionary.cambridge.org › dictionary › tire

tire definition: 1. to begin to feel as if you have no energy and want to rest or go to sleep, or to make someone

Rant over

Ha Ha, :LOL: Yes as a verb, but as a noun it's : a rubber cushion that fits around a wheel (as of an automobile) and usually contains compressed air

Perhaps you are familiar with what we refer to over on this side of the pond as the American Revolution. We'll spell it however we like and also how we pronounce things like aluminum. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire

These thing are always changing, don't let it get you upset. Spelling was all over the place in the early 18th century

I'll have to check to see if it's available in the U.S. I'm quite keen on remaining alive.
Amazon with printing £6.50 with postage, I think adding "Thank you" make a difference to drivers, as a driver I like a thank you

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have seen many people with that or similar yellow jackets while living in Cardiff (2004-2010). It's pretty common in Wales, apparently...

One was pretty funny because in it was written, in quite large black fonts "POLICE", and under it "might fine you if you pass me too close" or something like that, but in much smaller fonts. I do not know if it was 100% legal... but I guess it worked... :LOL:

And I remember a study where they claimed that using this kind of signals actually increases safety because people is not sure if you are some kind of police or not.

I've been riding in 19F/-7C so far this Winter and found that the wind is what cools me off more than anything.
Balaclava, insulated bike gloves, insulated wind proof hiking pants, fleece top with a shell over top, light winter boots, sport glasses.

I have seen many people with that or similar yellow jackets while living in Cardiff (2004-2010). It's pretty common in Wales, apparently...

One was pretty funny because in it was written, in quite large black fonts "POLICE", and under it "might fine you if you pass me too close" or something like that, but in much smaller fonts. I do not know if it was 100% legal... but I guess it worked... :LOL:

And I remember a study where they claimed that using this kind of signals actually increases safety because people is not sure if you are some kind of police or not.

I believe that no matter how small a difference it makes, ANY help towards safety is good, and any doubters remember, no sane driver wants to kill/injure a cyclist, deliberately, many would never get over the tragedy either

Back