Christmas Ride

Local time
7:34 PM
Just got back from a short ride about town - the streets are Freaking Empty. It's a "balmy" 50° in Central New York today. I had to cut it short cause I was running out of battery.

I've been following the advice of NOT keeping your battery fully charged, so when I headed out I had 3 out of 5 bars. But what I soon found out is that running full throttle will not only drain your battery faster, but it also seems that the last half of battery power will drain faster than the first half. Should have figured.

So the First Time since I got my bike I actually used the pedals! Really! I've been riding Throttle Only this whole time, like a Moped. The pedaling and shifting was easier than I thought and got me back home before running out.

I probably should have charged it to Full before going out, but I wanted my battery to go through at least one deep cycle, and I also wanted to see how far I'd get on 3/5 charge. Now I know.

And to all a good night.

Oh, I thought it was something like this . . .

Screenshot_20231226-105421.png

You wouldn't want to be on this list.

Everyone is different.......I guess that's what makes life interesting. I pedal ALL the time and never use throttle only. I have a couple new joints.....and ride for exercise......4 to 8 miles most times out. If I want to ride throttle only.....I get on my 4 wheeler and go ride logging roads. Be safe out there.

New Years Day with the temp in the high 50's and a slight breeze. Had a great ride, hardly anybody on the road. Nice start to the new year.
Peace

Everyone is different.......I guess that's what makes life interesting. I pedal ALL the time and never use throttle only. I have a couple new joints.....and ride for exercise......4 to 8 miles most times out. If I want to ride throttle only.....I get on my 4 wheeler and go ride logging roads. Be safe out there.
Maybe talking apples and oranges. Electric moped as opposed to using motor for pedal assist only.

Senior Cruiser, I went for a ride on Christmas too, but it was on my mBike. It was a 20 mile ride on my road bike. Like there, it got up to about 50 °F in SE Wisconsin.

Re. the battery charge, if you store the bike indoors at 3/5 charge, when you move it out into the cold, there's a voltage drop, which will seem to eat some of the charge too.

Case in point: On my commute into work today, my Level.2 was at 89% charge when I left the warmish garage. By the time I got to work two miles away, It was at 79%. The route is about 1/3 downhill and 2/3 flat, and I only used pedal assist about 3/4 of the way and only on PAS1. It was going from the 50° garage out into the 24° cold that did it.

Back