newcomer to Shimano

uncle charlie

Local time
4:59 AM
I am fairly new to bicycling world. I own a Sunseeker 3 with e assist (throttle). I am seriously considering purchasing an ICE Adventure that has a Shimano 6100. I weigh 280 pounds and am 6 ft 1 inch. I am desirous of running around 20 mph consistently. Will i be happy with the 6100 or should i go up a step to the 8000? What distance can i expect on a battery charge assuming i utilize the e-assistance significantly? Sorry about all the questions. UC

Welcome to the forum, uncle charlie.

We have a trikes subforum and this post might get more response there. I think most of us ride bikes and don't know as much about trikes.

This question is a little easier to answer with a little digging on their site. You should go with the EP8 system, since that's all that's available now. (LINK) I was going to recommend that anyway, based on your weight, as the extra torque and lower weight would always be welcome. I bet it was an ongoing improvement, and they just kept the EP6 system available until their supplies dried up.

I don't know about cruising consistently at 20 mph, as that takes a lot of juice. I would ask ICE about that.

Back