Lectric One

leehop71

Local time
2:02 AM
Has anyone purchased the new Lectric One?

It looks similar to the XP3, but with many different features.

It has a belt drive opposed to a chain!

It has a gear box in the pedal area which can be configured to ‘automatic’!

When you stop pedaling it changes gears according to your speed and PAS!!

It also has a configuration that makes it go crazy fast!

I own an EXP3 which meets all my needs, and this Lectric One is really a commuter IMHO!

I am retired and have no commuting agenda and when I do go to stores I ride my Denago City 1 bike!

Would love to hear some feedback and opinions!

YouTube is lit up with content creators' new videos from the press release in AZ.

My first impressions:

+ Belt drive
+ Motor will be legal everywhere
+ The bike frame doesn't fold, but since the handlebar does and the seatpost can be collapsed, it can still fit in the back of an SUV a lot easier than a regular bike with >26" wheels and no provisions to fold.
+ Street tread tires. THANK YOU!
+ No shock fork, but they are working on an optional one to retrofit. This is probably a weight- and cost-saving consideration
+ Look at all the mounting bosses! Lectric is going to make a TON of stuff available for this bike. It's very smart; they will not make much money on the bike, but will make up for it with accessory sales to those who really want to outfit the bike to the nines.
+ What a slick design to adjust the handlebar stem!

+/- Quick release pedals; convenient but with a bit of play. I think I prefer this over good folding pedals.
+/- Rear rack is decidedly light-duty, compared to XP 3.0. Probably a weight-savings consideration to compensate for the heavier gearbox.

- Automotive-style gearbox has electric shifting that may be a failure point. One reviewer commented on it shifting seemingly on its own, then tried to downplay it.

YouTube is lit up with content creators' new videos from the press release in AZ.

My first impressions:

+ Belt drive
+ Motor will be legal everywhere
+ The bike frame doesn't fold, but since the handlebar does and the seatpost can be collapsed, it can still fit in the back of an SUV a lot easier than a regular bike with >26" wheels and no provisions to fold.
+ Street tread tires. THANK YOU!
+ No shock fork, but they are working on an optional one to retrofit. This is probably a weight- and cost-saving consideration
+ Look at all the mounting bosses! Lectric is going to make a TON of stuff available for this bike. It's very smart; they will not make much money on the bike, but will make up for it with accessory sales to those who really want to outfit the bike to the nines.
+ What a slick design to adjust the handlebar stem!

+/- Quick release pedals; convenient but with a bit of play. I think I prefer this over good folding pedals.
+/- Rear rack is decidedly light-duty, compared to XP 3.0. Probably a weight-savings consideration to compensate for the heavier gearbox.

- Automotive-style gearbox has electric shifting that may be a failure point. One reviewer commented on it shifting seemingly on its own, then tried to downplay it.
I agree totally! I have a Denago City 1 with portable basket I can and do use as a cruiser.

I also have an EXP 3 with the passenger package to give my 4 year old granddaughter rides so this isn’t an option for me personally.

However, it does appear that this could definitely fill the role as a cruiser AND a residential cardio bike as well!

I DO believe this might be one to hold off on purchasing for a bit giving Lectric time to tweak and come out with full accessories!

I DO believe this might be one to hold off on purchasing for a bit giving Lectric time to tweak and come out with full accessories!
The price will probably increase too, though.

This has a nice mix of features, but since I already have my commuter all set up and paid-for, I'm more tempted by the XP 3.0 for half the cost. That would add a 2nd folding eBike to the fleet, so I can travel with them with my wife & daughter.

This has a nice mix of features, but since I already have my commuter all set up and paid-for, I'm more tempted by the XP 3.0 for half the cost. That would add a 2nd folding eBike to the fleet, so I can travel with them with my wife & daughter.
You have 4 E-bikes? Do you ride all 4 on a regular basis?

Like I said I have the Denago for a cruiser, which I will ride to the grocery soon AND the XP3 for my wife and granddaughter!

You have 4 E-bikes? Do you ride all 4 on a regular basis?

Like I said I have the Denago for a cruiser, which I will ride to the grocery soon AND the XP3 for my wife and granddaughter!
You can see the bikes in my signature

• The Electra cruiser is my wife’s. I only ride it to discharge it now and then.
  • The Lectric is the lightweight portable one, and my daughter rides it. I only ride it rarely.
  • The Aventon is my commuter and grocery-getter. I ride this one almost daily. If I could have only one bike, this would be it. I often ride it unpowered, too.
  • The Juiced is a moped. I haven’t ridden it a lot yet. I plan to ride it more when I want to go for a ride without sweating and to commute on hot days. I’m not 100% sure I’ll keep this yet. I might sell it and get a 155 cc gas scooter.

Your Aventon is very similar to my Denago!
IMG_1189.jpeg

For $2K, Pinion gear box & belt drive.. that's well worth the price.
Compact package, under 60 lb. that allow nimble travels among traffic.
I think Lectric One is a great value, same as their XPTrike, etc.. consistent of most of their offerings.
Good job Lectric.

This is for and/or Human Person, Smaug.

My Denago City 1 has 42 teeth chainring, Shimano 7 speed gear shift!

The Denago Commuter 1 has the same 42 teeth chainring BUT Microsoft 8 speed gear shift!

That might be what I need.

Opinions?

The idea of an intergraded gear box is to eliminate the derailleur, gearing & chain line issues.
Benefit of belt-drive is the minimal maintenance.
Having gears & derailleur just means more maintenance & more attention given to proper gear selection while riding.

If you want a bike that just hop-on & go, don't want to clean your drivetrain or worry about shifting gears while you ride, Lectric One might just be the lowest cost for that.

This is for and/or Human Person, Smaug.

My Denago City 1 has 42 teeth chainring, Shimano 7 speed gear shift!

The Denago Commuter 1 has the same 42 teeth chainring BUT Microsoft 8 speed gear shift!

That might be what I need.

Opinions?

Just change the front chainring to 52 tooth is wut i would do..

Leehop, I don’t think you should worry about getting a bigger chainring. Lots of people want this to be able to “keep up” with the motor at higher speeds. However, when you see that your paltry amount of pedaling power is maybe 2% of the total, you’ll realize that being able to pedal the bike 100% in case of battery exhaustion is more important than “keeping up with the motor” at over 25 mph.

If you want to go faster than you can meaningfully pedal, just ghost pedal or use throttle, secure in the knowledge that you wouldn’t be contributing much anyway. Otherwise, just slow down a bit.

Leehop, I don’t think you should worry about getting a bigger chainring. Lots of people want this to be able to “keep up” with the motor at higher speeds. However, when you see that your paltry amount of pedaling power is maybe 2% of the total, you’ll realize that being able to pedal the bike 100% in case of battery exhaustion is more important than “keeping up with the motor” at over 25 mph.

If you want to go faster than you can meaningfully pedal, just ghost pedal or use throttle, secure in the knowledge that you wouldn’t be contributing much anyway. Otherwise, just slow down a bit.
I could be wrong but i think he just wants to be able to actually pedal in the 6th and seventh gear.

Browse through the thread below and correct me if i am wrong please :)

Count me as not impressed. For two reasons:

- They ship a new design in 2024 - and it comes standard with a 10Ah battery. Bzzzt. No longer meets minimum requirements - especially at that price point.

- They ship a new design in 2024 - and it has a design with a totally exposed battery. Bzzzt. No longer meets minimum requirements.

There are other merits to the design, no doubt, but it's a 2x price point for them, with, as far as I am concerned, 2 fatal design decisions. Or, total lack of thought. Wouldn't go near it - unless it was with your money. :)

I haven't seen Lectric raise a price after release yet. Everyone said the Xpremium would go up and it never did.

This Pinion gearbox which everyone is raving about, and very nice it is too if you need to change gear a lot. Acoustic cyclists need to do that, but I don't. These early Pinion reviewers, pumped up on the Lectric launch junket, have been blinded by the shiny new tech (that we all love) and are missing the point.

I have a 7-speed derailleur on my RadRunner-Plus but I just don't change gear that much. It has a torquey hub motor (as does the Lectric One) and the 15.5mph limit is fine for me. So I'm in 4th or 5th gear 95% of the time and maintain speed/cadence either by pedalling harder, upping the PAS, or dabbing the throttle. Even from a standstill, I don't change down and just throttle away. This style of riding is common.

I'm fine with a derailleur and chain - it's simple, lightweight, cheap, efficient, reliable and has stood the test of time. Not without its flaws for sure but overall that's a hard combo to beat. For the cost of the Pinion gearbox, I'd much rather have some nice air forks, a suspension seatpost, and a proper battery.

On the subject of gears, I've recently noticed a new drive unit fitted to the ADO Air Pro 28 and Pro 20 ebikes. It's a new Bafang hub motor with two gears and it changes between high and low ratios automatically. I haven't been able to find much about it yet, and while it doesn't look too exciting in this ADO implementation, in theory the potential of a good hub drive with variable gears, even if it only has two ratios, would really put the cat among the mid-motor pigeons. https://www.adoebike.com/en-gb/pages/air-pro

Back