And the Winner Is . . .

leehop71

Local time
8:33 AM
the Lectric Expedition!

My wife and I had an in-depth discussion about what she expected and wanted to do biking-wise in our ‘Golden Retirement Year Season’ and here’s what we agreed to.

She admitted she wasn’t real comfortable starting off ‘piloting’ an e-bike and expressed more of the ‘romantic’ side of preferring to ride behind me as a passenger when the weather breaks.

She is not against the possibility of learning to pilot over time either.

We also have 2 grandkids who I know would get a charge out of riding on the back as well!

So we decided the best option was to get a Lectric Expedition with the accessory option of the two cushioned pads and foot rests, plus the cushioned seat with the cushioned backrest!

She can ride with me and the grandkids as well.

After I get the Denago paid off around October, I will purchase the Lectric.

One thing I’ve discovered about the Denago is that even in 0 PAS when I’m pedaling on my own, it’s a much nicer and less strenuous ride than my other 7 speed acoustic bike was, so I’m going to start riding M-F and once we get the Lectric, in the hot months I can switch off from the Denago to the Lectric!

Make sure you unlock that thing to a Class 3 in settings!
I spoke prematurely cbas!

After hearing and seeing my post rides reactions, she said she now would like to do some slow learning on how to navigate one herself, but also to be able to enjoy the passenger side of things!

So, being only 4’11” and 105 pounds, the 20” size would be ideal, and, with the right accessories, she can comfortably STILL ride passenger on the XP 3 and it would be a little smaller and lighter than the cargo to learn how to navigate with!

My wife is 4' 11", I converted the Fiido T1 PRO to fit her stature.
Shorter stem for shorter reach.
Shorter crankarms for shorter legs & lower seat height.
3Vp2odT.jpg

BVrm2PF.jpg

yyEhQf7.jpg

Nicely done! She will appreciate a bike that fits her properly, makes learning and adding up miles much more fun.

Back