Gotrax F1 buy

nick78

Local time
4:27 PM
IMG_3689.jpeg
Purchased a Gotrax F1 on August 5th and received it a month later on September 5th. The experience was a nightmare but the bike does seem to be pretty nice (first e-bike I have ever owned. The bike came packaged really nice and secured with only a few minor blemishes were the paint was scratched a little bit but nothing to be concerned about a little touch up paint would solve the problem if it bothers someone.

So far I am very impressed with the F1 bike itself. All the welds look great, everything I needed came on the bike, fit of all the hinge points are spot on! I have put over 70 miles on the bike with no problems arising yet that I have found. I mostly run the bike in pas 2 or 3. No problems with the power of the bike and so far the battery seems to be doing what it is advertised. I did notice it took several minutes to be able to turn the display on and get the bike fired up after I folded it together from the factory. Not sure if that is normal but maybe someone could explain that. No problems after that it starts right up with the push of the mode button every time now.

I added a back rack from Walmart on the seat and also built a small basket for the rack out of some 1” square wire I had laying around. The rack is rated for like 20#. I also added some small military bags on the basket for carrying things like tools,keys,wallet, and a bike cable and lock

Attachments

• IMG_3703.jpeg
    IMG_3703.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 118
I bolted on a water bottle holder above the front fork that was drilled and tapped into the framework from the factory. The front headlight will contact it when turning to the right sharp like moving the bike around in my shop but I have not been able to make contact when riding at all not even close.

Attachments

• IMG_3718.jpeg
    IMG_3718.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 85
I also added a phone holder to the bike. I read in a review the tires that come on the bikes are prone to punctures so I decided to slime both front and rear tires to hopefully avoid some flat tires. When I pulled the valve stems to slime them I did notice the sidewalls on these tires are very thin I would guess not a whole lot thicker than a bike inter tube so I am glad I decided to put the slime in them. Again very impressed overall with the bike but as I only have about 70 miles on it so far I cannot say how durable or reliable the bike will be. Seems to be a very simple bike without a derailleur or multiple gears to worry about. The brakes are disk and seem to stop the bike well even though they do feel a bit gritty or rough and make some noise. I will try and keep people updated on the Gotrax f1 as I own it. So far happy with the product but cannot say much for the customer service and their shipping.

I added a back rack from Walmart on the seat and also built a small basket for the rack out of some 1” square wire I had laying around. The rack is rated for like 20#. I also added some small military bags on the basket for carrying things like tools,keys,wallet, and a bike cable and lock
Nice work on the basket fab job. Love the poly loom/wire loom you used around the top perimeter of the basket. Did you use zip ties to hold the edges & bottom together? Looks good!

Also I 4got Congrats on your new E-bike!!! I'm playing the waiting game on mine.
Thanks. I would not have minded waiting if they would have told me a month out, but their website said ships within 1-2 days from ordering and the bike showed it was in stock when ordering. Call after call they just said they would look into the order and put a rush on it and get back to me which they never did

Thanks. I would not have minded waiting if they would have told me a month out, but their website said ships within 1-2 days from ordering and the bike showed it was in stock when ordering. Call after call they just said they would look into the order and put a rush on it and get back to me which they never did
Yeah my bike was a pre-order sale. 2-4week time frame. They thought mine would ship out the end of this month. Cant wait!!!

Nice job on that basket. What do they call that army bag you added to the back? Model/name? It would make a good handle bar bag. Thanks.

Back