Got pics of your ebike?

Few pictures of my Himiway All Terrain Cruiser.

Attachments

• untitled-8.jpg
    untitled-8.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Wayne on Himiway.jpg
    Wayne on Himiway.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Himiway alone.jpg
    Himiway alone.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 110
Turned my old Trek into a comfort eBike. Wife has a Townie go.

I’m getting older with aches and pains so we just ordered 2 trikes for the bride and myself. I got the Catrike Dumont and wife got the 559. Hopefully we get them tomorrow.
New bike looks great but little pricy even before adding Bosch motor system.

Didn't know Cannondale was making e bikes. That pretty slick looking.
Thanks. Here's the real-life picture. We have two of them. We're finding some down-sides already though. No shock absorption anywhere, fixed handlebar height, so-so phone software with no web interface to match, fairly poor power and battery life. I mean they are OK for a first e-bike but at $1,900 each we would have done much better. Their greatest benefit is their weight. Not even 40 lbs each!

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 98
Thanks. Here's the real-life picture. We have two of them. We're finding some down-sides already though. No shock absorption anywhere, fixed handlebar height, so-so phone software with no web interface to match, fairly poor power and battery life. I mean they are OK for a first e-bike but at $1,900 each we would have done much better. Their greatest benefit is their weight. Not even 40 lbs each!
Sorry to hear that but not really surprised. Seems like all the "name brand" bikes cost way more than the sum of their parts.

NICE!! Cannondale makes great stuff, and they aren't afraid to think outside the box with their designs. You could possibly swap the stem for an adjustable angle version? I really love those Cruise Control handlebars they use. There aren't many "moto" style bars with a 31.8 mm clamp diameter so I'm considering these.

NICE!! Cannondale makes great stuff, and they aren't afraid to think outside the box with their designs. You could possibly swap the stem for an adjustable angle version? I really love those Cruise Control handlebars they use. There aren't many "moto" style bars with a 31.8 mm clamp diameter so I'm considering these.
Thanks! Overall we're really happy. Are they powerful like the Lectric XP 3.0? Nope. But they're 30 lbs lighter! I'd be happy with a seat post with a shock absorber but the bike place where we purchased the bikes said it wasn't possible. Not sure how true but kind-of bummed.

Here is what is now my sand-crawler. Originally I built this AWD bike because my twin-hub 2wd bike - that I had been commuting on for years - betrayed me when I took it to the hills. I found out the hard way how geared hubs suck in hills. I put a mid drive on the back instead and this thing is so fast off the line, even after stepping off-the-line power down, I could stay with traffic (most streets in this area are 25-30 mph zones which helps with that).

For the first year or so of its life, it was a daily commuter. the 2wd meant I didn't have to downshift, ever and could stay on the small 11T cog.

In the end I graduated to a real cargo bike and this one became a fun bike. I travel down a deserted stretch of beach which has no inland access for miles. You either make it to the other side or you turn back, but you don't go inland before the end. So that big brick on the front rack is a heavy-duty charger made up from a 480w Mean Well. I use it to charge at the state beach that is at the turnaround.

The bottom picture was taken just after sunset. I needed my headlights on the way back. Camera filters make it look like daylight. Gives you an idea of what I mean by no inland access. the forward view: NOBODY is out there but me.
PXL_20211208_162800818.jpg

PXL_20211127_005619291.jpg

PXL_20211127_010631923.jpg

PXL_20211127_010730828.jpg

Here is what is now my sand-crawler. Originally I built this AWD bike because my twin-hub 2wd bike - that I had been commuting on for years - betrayed me when I took it to the hills. I found out the hard way how geared hubs suck in hills. I put a mid drive on the back instead and this thing is so fast off the line, even after stepping off-the-line power down, I could stay with traffic (most streets in this area are 25-30 mph zones which helps with that).

For the first year or so of its life, it was a daily commuter. the 2wd meant I didn't have to downshift, ever and could stay on the small 11T cog.

In the end I graduated to a real cargo bike and this one became a fun bike. I travel down a deserted stretch of beach which has no inland access for miles. You either make it to the other side or you turn back, but you don't go inland before the end. So that big brick on the front rack is a heavy-duty charger made up from a 480w Mean Well. I use it to charge at the state beach that is at the turnaround.

The bottom picture was taken just after sunset. I needed my headlights on the way back. Camera filters make it look like daylight. Gives you an idea of what I mean by no inland access. the forward view: NOBODY is out there but me.
View attachment 8733

View attachment 8732
Seems like the front tire would roost sand right into the chain & front sprocket and REALLY beat down the life of those components...
What do you do about that?

I took this trip just over a year ago, which was the maiden voyage for this bike. Frame is a 1999 Intense Tracer I rescued from the scrap heap. Same with the mummified 2000 Marzocchi Bomber fork I revived.

Since these pics were taken I changed the handlebars to a swept-arc, narrow Ergotec Space bar. Catalyst pedals, Also the Schwalbe Pickup urban tires rolled beautifully over pavement but were a menace on any kind of dirt and were as comfy as rocks to boot (not a surprise given their super thick casing). So nowadays I have slightly fatter Maxxis Aggressors on, done tubeless.

I rode the bike every day for hours and charged with solar off-grid for the 6-day trip.

View attachment 8636

View attachment 8637
Curious about your off grid charging. Did you have a base camp you returned to each day where all of that was setup, or did you have a trailer that you hauled that gear in?

Seems like the front tire would roost sand right into the chain & front sprocket and REALLY beat down the life of those components...
What do you do about that?
That makes sense, but now that you have called my attention to it, I can say it has never been an issue. I do feel sand on occasion on my legs, so for sure its getting kicked up (Mostly deflected by the body fender) but it never has caused an issue. Perhaps that body fender is turning what would have been a cascade into a much lesser amount. One thing that is probably a factor: That beach has very coarse sand. It gets very fine as soon as you get up into the dunes, but at the beach its pretty coarse stuff.

I hose the bike off with a bug sprayer that has plain water in it after every ride to keep the salt damage at bay, and I haven't seen a gritty chain etc. I use Rock and Roll Gold on it and thats pretty dry stuff.
Curious about your off grid charging. Did you have a base camp you returned to each day where all of that was setup, or did you have a trailer that you hauled that gear in?
Base camp. I'd ride, tucker out, back to base and plug back in. Then go out for a late afternoon ride. I'd charge partly in the evening and top up early before the morning run.

Most of the reason I built that bike was so I could toss an easily-loadable ebike in the back. I have a 29er but those wagon wheels were just big enough to make that bike impractical. An old 26" mtb was the perfect donor.

PXL_20220416_203043734.jpg

Lectric BMXPremium! No one else get a Turtle neck stem BMX bars setup yet? Mid drive, dual batteries, hydraulic brakes, little dog setup on back. Wife has the white one.
PXL_20230509_114331805.jpg
PXL_20230509_114342971.jpg
PXL_20230509_114335264.jpg
PXL_20230503_143936606~2.jpg

Perks of getting older. Get what we want. :)

BTW….Long time lurker, first time poster.
It seems like I read someplace that there would be 60 miles of MUP once that diversion project was complete.
Might have to have an extra battery along to make it around!

Back