Got pics of your ebike?

It was a perfect morning for a ride.
56 degrees, bright sun and no wind.
20230503_090708.jpg

24" rims? Not 26"? Profile looks perfect on those 65mm rims.
Yes, 24". Hook Worms are kind of tall profile, which allows them to fit well on wider rims. One of my other bikes has 26"x 3"(80mm) rims, and I run 26 x 2.5 Hook Worms on it too, and they fit just was well. Hook Worms are the stickiest street tires ever made for bicycles.
Electra Fenders 2.jpg

Yes, 24". Hook Worms are kind of tall profile, which allows them to fit well on wider rims. One of my other bikes has 26"x 3"(80mm) rims, and I run 26 x 2.5 Hook Worms on it too, and they fit just was well. Hook Worms are the stickiest street tires ever made for bicycles.
I didn't realize the Bomber used 24" rims, nor did I know the Hookworms come in that size. Neat. The 65mm rims look to be a particularly good fit for them. I've never had the chance to build anything for the 2.5-3" tire range but I always figured 65mm rims would be the sweet spot - regardless of what the wheel guides say. I recently did a 20" wheel for a bike that is I think 42mm, and its supposedly perfect for a 2.4" tire. Works better than 30mm which I am also using for the same size wheel and tire.

That yellow bike still looks dam good after a lot of years. I don't know how you do it. I broke mine ages ago.

I didn't realize the Bomber used 24" rims, nor did I know the Hookworms come in that size. Neat. The 65mm rims look to be a particularly good fit for them. I've never had the chance to build anything for the 2.5-3" tire range but I always figured 65mm rims would be the sweet spot - regardless of what the wheel guides say. I recently did a 20" wheel for a bike that is I think 42mm, and its supposedly perfect for a 2.4" tire. Works better than 30mm which I am also using for the same size wheel and tire.

That yellow bike still looks dam good after a lot of years. I don't know how you do it. I broke mine ages ago.
Thank you, I've always taken pride in keeping every bike I've owned looking like new, however I'm quick to modify all my bikes to suit my personal tastes. My Bomber is a 2013 model, and the Fatty is 2015.

New year day cruise. On the Freego F3 Pro Max. Dual hub motors & batterys.
20240131_154313.jpg
& they told me there is no way of putting cargo baskets on this bike. Proved them wrong! No hole drilling or welding required.

Back