First folding trike from Addmotor

ETrike

Local time
5:04 AM
Announcing tomorrow alongside their new trike transmission:
1ac4102d-1eee-2110-f380-5f0a642dafc7.jpg

I can't tell from the picture if it is a rear motor or a crank (center) motor. I guess I will have to check it out on their website.

I went to the website and it is a rear 750 watt motor, 20 amp hr battery, and 7 levels of pedal assist in various color options for a $2,999 out the door base price. Not bad, but it is twice the price of a Lectric XP trike. I would like to ride one to see how it performs, but I suspect the closest one to me is still a very long ways away! And did I mention it folds in the middle like the Lectric XP trike?

No doubt that twice the price is a consideration.
One thing that surprised me about the Lectric XP, after just a short while out, is the number of those out there outwardly expressing anything close to the enjoyment that I was receiving from my Soletri weeks later. A quick glance at the much anticipated launch thread reads about as enthusiastic as an old Big Wheel found in a garage sale.
I don't like the 3" tires on the Triketan (I believe that they're still larger than the XP) and it did not get the new mid drive nor rear diff. For the same $3K (non-foldable) the Soletri/Herotri is light years the better deal in Addmotor's line spec for spec versus their foldable design. Perhaps it might just hold its own category-wise for what's out there today.
For those out there who can live without a foldable trike(?),...I'll offer that dual suspension on (3) 4" adjustable pressure tires is an awfully nice ride.

So the new 330F does not have a rear open diff? That could be awkward on some turns!
We're still waiting to hear from someone willing to compare Addmotor's new groundbreaking(?) rear differential just announced on their M340T (found on no other model that they sell) to all other etrikes on the market currently.
So I'm not sure what the question might be as compared to any other mode/differential that they offer or what you feel is the current ideal design on the market which Addmotor ignored..

Although a limited slip rear differential would be ideal, it would also be cost prohibitive. So, an open diff would likely be the most cost effective and useful for most riders.

Although a limited slip rear differential would be ideal, it would also be cost prohibitive. So, an open diff would likely be the most cost effective and useful for most riders.
I have a hard time believing that the only people on the planet unwilling to pay up for what they desire are those who recognize the value and fun involved in owning/riding an terike.
To further insist that this lack of either common sense or funds is somehow related to these potential owners finding inferior technology "..more....useful.." in their trikes is just plain insulting.
We would like Addmotor to ditch this ugly trike, put its technology in to the Soletri/Herotri/M360 and if needed sell a stripped down version of this trike (no differential, etc.) for budget shoppers.

You two wheels guys obviously spending whatever it takes are a pretty arrogant bunch..are you not?

E- I am a TRIKE guy, where did you come up with the inane "You two wheel guys are a pretty arrogant bunch"?? I'm old enough to qualify to be an old cranky curmudgeon, and if you are old enough to be one too, I will overlook your remark. Otherwise, go back downstairs to your room and wait for you momma to get your lunch ready! And take a chill pill too!;)

More details on the CITYTRI:

Max rider height of 5' 9"

Mechanical disc brakes

86 lb.

pc-310-display-yellow_1691464812.png

Groundbreaking split rear differential for a folder (yeah, it makes a difference) and too many other eye popping side by side comparisons to mention (see their comparison chart in A's link above).
It's becoming laughable in terms of folks intentionally slighting the latest and greatest to come out on any given day. :)

Enough with the "groudbreaking", it's not groundbreaking.. andit's not even available until SEP to ship according to their website; who knows when people might receive them and actually get to ride them?
It's $500 more than XP Trike and only fit rider 5'9" or under according to manufacture; that means if you're over 5'9" and something fails on this trike that you get hurt, it's not the trike's fault, doesn't matter how much you try to suit the manufacturer, it is not designated for riders over 5' 9".

:rolleyes:
A former IZIP ebiker buys a trike (likes it) and simply compares a company's obviously groundbreaking trike offerings consistently being released at a far greater pace than any other...wait for it...trikes being sold today.
Oh, I forgot...and who defends companies like Honda for releasing products which today's snowflakes can't even bear looking at...let alone imagining riding.

I thought seriously about getting in to the therapy pony business considering the above...yet ponies are actually pretty moody little critters who tend to buck little kids off when they wiggle in frustration and pout... :oops:

So are you saying the folding Lectric XP trike with open rear differential is not all that much of an innovation then?
I would like to see this Addmotor model have a rear suspension, open rear differential, middle folding, a minimum 750 watt motor, and a 20 amp hour battery, and a good cup holder. And be around $2,000 too! (A/C and heat would be nice, but likely not practical)

:rolleyes:
A former IZIP ebiker buys a trike (likes it) and simply compares a company's obviously groundbreaking trike offerings consistently being released at a far greater pace than any other...wait for it...trikes being sold today.
Oh, I forgot...and who defends companies like Honda for releasing products which today's snowflakes can't even bear looking at...let alone imagining riding.

I thought seriously about getting in to the therapy pony business considering the above...yet ponies are actually pretty moody little critters who tend to buck little kids off when they wiggle in frustration and pout... :oops:
Perhaps some folks need a warm puppy, hot chocolate and a safe space to chill out?

Perhaps some folks need a warm puppy, hot chocolate and a safe space to chill out?

They certainly do. If I recall, the last time that we witnessed them all literally shell shocked/shaking/huddled 'enmasse' was on college campuses all over this country in the fall of 2016.
I was thinking of lending my new puppy out as a humanitarian gesture in these same safe spaces on campus...yet it snowed that day and she was already chasing snowflakes around out in the yard.

Back