Soletri M366X trike on the way;

Awesome, glad you are happy with it!

Mine was delivered yesterday. Spent the evening after work unboxing and assembling. Got most of my add on accessories installed too.

Was able to take it for some quick test rides after I got things adjusted properly for me.

Was able to take a quick spin with the wife on the back too. The torque surprised her and she almost flew off the back. Fortunately that was just an almost...

Should back up a touch here... My wife and I are in the midst of some significant life changes and ended up looking for a new hobby. She wanted to start riding again but has neuropathy in her feet so she can't feel her feet and has no balance. She wanted to do this but only if she could ride on the back of mine. She wasn't comfortable riding one herself. That lead me to our quest for a two person trike. I figured the innate balance improvements of a trike would be the best option.

Also, I ordered the same as you a few weeks ago - the Soletri. When it was time to ship they emailed me that they oversold that model and couldn't ship as promised. They offered some free goodies if I flipped to the Herotri which they could ship immediately. As I was waffling between those two models before I placed the order for the Soletri it was an easy decision to make and I received my Herotri yesterday.

Gonna install the back rest for the seat when I get home as well as a couple other add ons that should show up at my doorstep today. I have tomorrow off and we're planning on a lengthy ride tomorrow.

By the way Addmotors product page for the back rest says it is only compatible with one model, an older 2 wheeler. I was planning on making an adapter plate to mount this sucker but to my surprise it looks like I don't have to. On first glance it looks to have the same bolt hole pattern as the flanged plate that the rear deflector is mounted to on this latest trike model. I would imagine the same is true for your Soletri if you are interested in that add on. I'll confirm my suspicions after I try to install it tonight.

A bit longer winded than I intended this post to be here ... Anyway have fun and happy trails...
Hey,

Did you ever find a suitable backrest for the Soletri? Thanks, Richard

Hey,

Did you ever find a suitable backrest for the Soletri? Thanks, Richard
I've been busy since and haven't even looked. It would be nice if someone would take a closer look at what Addmotor at least used to offer for another one of their models and share. I am guessing that with but a few skills needed and a little modification that it would work just fine. Why they don't offer one given the apparent success of these two models is beyond me.

The front and rear suspension looks interesting, if it holds up well over the long haul. The seat is not that attractive since it cannot be raised or lowered. The front hub motor would not be my first choice, due to traction issues on uphill gravel, wet surfaces, etc. I think a center pedal crank motor would be more useful for many folks. But they are on the right track, give us the suspension system, a rear position drive motor and an adjustable seat and they would have a real contender!
".. The seat is not that attractive since it cannot be raised or lowered...'

Aaaaaahhhh the lament of a younger (and often older) generation who rarely approach any potential obstacle as a challenge.
The #1 attraction to these two models (in my opinion) is the base frame upon which both are built. Raise the seat height? Piece of cake.
Thank heaven that young men and women over 75 years ago now never looked at (say) a 1929 Ford Model A Roadsters (let alone a bike seat) with the same attitude.
That seat is selling a good share of these bikes make no doubt about it.

Look to some of their other Addmotor trike models for the additional features that you desire (including a 1000W drive) and yes...I have lamented many times above as to Addmotor combining every (groundbreaking) feature that they have come up with of late in to what would be one very unique trike.

No need to be sorry.

I wonder how long it would take for the tilting axle differential technology to trickle down to less costly trikes.
Though I don't feel the need for trikes to corner at any significant speed with non-tilting axles.
Cube_BMW_Concept_Dynamic_Cagro_Bike_2022_Downtown_WEB_Res-053-1140x760.jpg
"...I wonder how long it would take for the tilting axle differential technology to trickle down to less costly trikes...."

Take a look at the picture and what's involved there.
Enough said.

"...I wonder how long it would take for the tilting axle differential technology to trickle down to less costly trikes...."

Take a look at the picture and what's involved there.
Enough said.

Did you even read the article?
Estimate cost for CUBE trike equipped with the tilting axle diff. is 6000 EU, that's not less costly than most other trikes currently on the market.
Can you even read to comprehend?

By the way...still loving being able to shift my seating position around on this trike and the footrest.
When many of you get older you will find that simply being able to constantly shift your seating position and to simply get comfortable is a Godsend.
Doing so with a cup of coffee in your hand and literally 'lounging' (see Addmotor's semi-recumbent trike as well) versus appearing as if you are Mr. Rogers starch upright on a tricycle is a bonus as well.

...must be a good number of satisfied Soletri/Herotri owners out there since launch as the (non-owner) haters seem to have crawled back to lick their wounds... ;)

Back