Lectric steps up to the plate big time for my XP trike!

dburt

Local time
5:54 AM
I began having issues with the right rear outer axle bearing on my Lectric XP trike. After sending a video to Lectric I thought they would send me a new bearing and I would have the local bike repair shop install it for me. I was surprised when Lectric sent an email back stating that they did not want me to have it repaired, and that they would send me a new XP trike instead! I am impressed! That is service! They also are sending me an empty box with packing materials to send them the current trike I have, and then send me a new XP trike when they receive my old one, all shipping at their expense! I am impressed with this level of service. I would have been satisfied if they had just repaired my current trike, but they said no, I would get a brand new one! I think I have close to 500 miles on my XP trike, and so far have not had any issues with it, other then a fender mounted brake light and rear fender that were damaged in shipping when I first got it.

These types of customer service reviews are the number one reason that I ordered 2 Lectric XP Trikes. Any product is only as good as the people that support it And the customer service that they provide. Two thumbs up for Lectric!

About the 20th of last month the new trike showed up. I have it all put together with some of the accessories that I had on my original trike. But now, when I get off work, it is dark. And we are entering into our winter season, so I don't like riding when it is cold, dark, and rainy or snowing. I guess with old age I have turned into somewhat of a wuss! But if we have a half decent day on the weekends I want to take a ride or two just to keep my hand in! And dream of spring and longer days and warmer weather!

I began having issues with the right rear outer axle bearing on my Lectric XP trike. After sending a video to Lectric I thought they would send me a new bearing and I would have the local bike repair shop install it for me. I was surprised when Lectric sent an email back stating that they did not want me to have it repaired, and that they would send me a new XP trike instead! I am impressed! That is service! They also are sending me an empty box with packing materials to send them the current trike I have, and then send me a new XP trike when they receive my old one, all shipping at their expense! I am impressed with this level of service. I would have been satisfied if they had just repaired my current trike, but they said no, I would get a brand new one! I think I have close to 500 miles on my XP trike, and so far have not had any issues with it, other then a fender mounted brake light and rear fender that were damaged in shipping when I first got it.
After Having to replace the axel bearings myself on both of our trikes I can tell you that unless you are extremely handy and have lots of tools this is not a job you should attempt. That said I doubt that Lectric will ever supply bearings for a DIY field repair. The good news is Lectric has from what I can see a very good return policy in place to take care of axel issues.

Back when I had a good shop and lots of tools I could have changed it, but if I had to change it now, it would be easier to take it to the local bike shop!

I have not had a chance to ride the new replacement trike yet, the weather has been wet, rainy or snowing and cold. But I can look at it and dream of sunny, warm spring weather! :cool:

I rode the new trike 7 miles on New Years eve and 5 miles on New Years day. It was clear both days, but about 35 and a cool breeze. I bundled up and gritted my teeth and rode. About 2/3 of the time I rode without any pedal assist, but up hill or into a stiff headwind I added 1 level of pedal assist. The roads were dry and free of snow, now I can brag to my local friends I was riding on January 1 of the new year. Usually this time of year we have snow on the ground, but the snow so far has been sparse here in the mountains. There is only about 3-6 inches in the mountains, so all the snowmobilers and the cross country skiers are crying the blues. I'm still looking forward to warm, pleasant riding weather!

After Having to replace the axel bearings myself on both of our trikes I can tell you that unless you are extremely handy and have lots of tools this is not a job you should attempt. That said I doubt that Lectric will ever supply bearings for a DIY field repair. The good news is Lectric has from what I can see a very good return policy in place to take care of axel issues.
My left rear hub wasmaking noise on my trike as well. Took the wheel and spacer off (easy) and saw that the bearing was dry (no grease). Went on Amazon and bought what amounts to a hypodermic syringe filled with super high quality grease and injected it into the bearing. Problem gone. Here's a link to what I bought. - Just search for Gennel 2grams and it'll take you right to it.

Back