Lectric 3.0 bike bag recommendations for rear rack?

aricboger

Local time
1:03 AM
Hello. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a bike bag that will work well on the rear rack of a Lectric XP 3? I've tried multiple bags, both with velcro attachments and the plastic clip-in fasteners. These "normal" size bike bags don't seem to want to work well because of the width of the bike rack. i.e. the plastic fasters of the clip-ins and the plastic loops in for the velcro types are positioned in such a way that the straps can't easily be tightened down without getting in the way of the rack and pulling the bag off center. Interestingly, Lectric doesn't sell a bag for the rear rack and I've not been able to find anything online that seems to work.

I looked for one, too, with similar results. Chose the Lectric black panniers. They attach using the screws in the rack and with straps along the front, rear and sides. Very pleased with the application.

I looked for one, too, with similar results. Chose the Lectric black panniers. They attach using the screws in the rack and with straps along the front, rear and sides. Very pleased with the application.
Thanks. I knew those would work well and from pics on Lectric site they look really functional. And it's nice that they attach in a way that you can still use the basket on the back if you had one of those. But the panniers are just a little bigger/bulkier than I need and had my heart set on a more traditional bike rack bag.

I can't vouch that it will work with an XP 3.0, but it is narrow enough for a typical rack; I used mine on my Trek Verve 3. I feel like most bike racks are pretty narrow.

I sold that bike, but I'm saving it to use with my incoming Portola.

Another thing I've done is to just zip tie a small basket to the rack; those can ALWAYS be made to fit.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A picture of your rack would be most helpful. Otherwise, we have to research your bike, try to find a good picture of the rack and then GUESS what the dimensions are. Perhaps giving us the dimensions of the flat surface on the rack would work. I use the large 50 liter bags (25 liters per side) and really like it. It fits my wider than normal rack (due to my bike being a fat-tire). I had to carefully work the clips over the wider-than-normal tubing on my rear rack.

Attachments

• 1 original rack old reflectors.jpg
    1 original rack old reflectors.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 18
  • Saddle bags above left.JPG
    Saddle bags above left.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 18
  • saddle bags back above.JPG
    saddle bags back above.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 17
Back