Looking for eBike recommendations

teaman

Local time
1:01 AM
I'd like recommendations for an eBike that has these features:
  • Mid-drive motor
  • CVT rear hub gearing (infinite gear ratios within a range)
  • Gates belt drive
  • Front fork suspension
  • 120nM+ torque for hill climbing
  • upright ride posture bike (comfortable ride, not necessarily a cruiser, but curved handle bars,)
  • good quality / solid build
  • decent battery range (48v or higher, enough current to go up to 50 miles)
  • great customer support
  • ~2.5" tires (not into fat tires)
Other nice to have features:
  • rear bag and rack
  • nice display
  • lights front and rear
My budget is under $5k.

I'm aware of what Dost bikes has (I will avoid them like the plague), and Evelo (I already have the Omega and aware of the Atlas) and Priority Current (had one but sold it as it didn't match the above criteria.)

I live and ride in the US. I generally ride along country roads (paved and gravel) and paved trails (but would ride reasonably maintained dirt trails). I'm 65 and so no longer do mountain biking. My style is more like touring but without the camping gear... just day trips.

Thanks for your help!

If you also want a step-thru with mid-motor and throttle, like the Dost you had and the Evelo you replaced it with, that will seriously limit your options. Either way, you've just described the bike you already have - Evelo Omega. Just put some suspension forks on it?

have you looked at biktrix ? made here in Canada . wonder if anyone on here has one? A bit pricey but seem to have everything im looking for for around 5K

me too! this is exactly what im looking for also. Im in Canada and im 73 so nothing too reckless lol.
My philosophy is buy nice or buy twice. Check out my detailed review of the Priority Current which I purchased through Costco Next. Had it now for over 1 year 4 months and am very happy with it. By the way, I'm 66 years old, so the same generation as you.

have you looked at biktrix ? made here in Canada . wonder if anyone on here has one? A bit pricey but seem to have everything im looking for for around 5K
Biktrix do some nice bikes, including that rare combination of mid-motor with throttle. Some unusual customisation options, too. Even better, for those outside US/Canada, they ship internationally.

• Mid-drive motor
  • Gates belt drive
  • Front fork suspension
  • upright ride posture bike (comfortable ride, not necessarily a cruiser, but curved handle bars,)
  • great customer support
  • rear bag and rack
  • nice display
  • lights front and rear
My budget is under $5k.

I'm aware of what Dost bikes has (I will avoid them like the plague), and Evelo (I already have the Omega and aware of the Atlas) and Priority Current (had one but sold it as it didn't match the above criteria.)

I live and ride in the US. I generally ride along country roads (paved and gravel) and paved trails (but would ride reasonably maintained dirt trails). I'm 65 and so no longer do mountain biking. My style is more like touring but without the camping gear... just day trips.

Thanks for your help!
I’m not familiar with all the different e-bikes available. I have a Trek Verve+3 (class 1 ebike) which has the upright position, mid drive Bosch motor (love this). 700w motor with a eco range of ~140 miles on full charge. This bike weights about 51-ish pounds with the battery. Love this bike. I also have an Aventon Abound Cargo bike with a 750w motor that is on the rear hub. It’s a bit louder, but this bike is so fun that I’ll overlook that. It weighs in at a hefty 81 pounds with the battery but as I said-it’s a blast to ride. Not does have a throttle but is still limited to 20mpg so it’s a class 2 and it has a exo range of ~45 miles. It has so many accessories to customize with. I use the Aventon for shopping and running errands. It’s also great for riding with kids. The down side to the Aventon is it is not easily transported on your vehicle due to its weight and elongated frame. I will add that neither are belt drive. I am 68 and very short-highly recommend a step through model.

I live and ride in the US. I generally ride along country roads (paved and gravel) and paved trails (but would ride reasonably maintained dirt trails). I'm 65 and so no longer do mountain biking. My style is more like touring but without the camping gear... just day trip
Hmm. What was missing from the Current? Did you have the Shimano version? More to the point, the Evelo Omega matches all of your criteria except the front fork suspension which you can add if you must. I ride on dirt and gravel more often than not and the wide tires on the Omega offer enough natural suspension for my comfort without the extra weight and maintenance of the fork.

Hi, I am in interested in electric bikes and would like to know more about them, does anyone know about Gunai electric bikes? I've recently looked at this brand of ebike, could you give me some advice. Thank you all!
  • Mid-drive motor
  • Gates belt drive
  • Front fork suspension
  • great customer support
  • rear bag and rack
  • nice display
  • lights front and rear
My budget is under $5k.

Thanks for your help!

Back