Cadence ebikes need automatic PAS step down as you slow down

... get a good battery blender and they are not cheap..
The quality ones vs. the mystery-meat AliExpress variety are SO not cheap it could easily make more financial sense just to commission a big single battery instead of buying two batteries plus the blender.

Follow the web site link on the left of this page to go to the 'shop'. This is a really weird way to do a web site but the vendor is solid. If you try and buy from a traditional vendor, which is where most people see these models, they will crank the price WAY up.

My 2wds would need the Dx2C-90A for what is now "only" €299. That is way down from where it was a year or two ago. Here's a mainstream reseller. Look at their prices for the same Dx2C-90A (two batteries, with charge function, 90 amp limit): 600 Euro. Literally double the price.

When I was doing this I parallel'd directly after taking a bunch of precautions at the batteries' build level. I stopped doing that eventually and went to bigass single batteries and have never regretted it.

You are the man! I've visited your site. A comprehensive guide to achieve the best possible result for building an Ebike. :cool:
Thanks for the kind thoughts :) I would point out one small thing: If you are going to be taking those BBSHD articles seriously, there are three of them. I would look at the very oldest one to get an explainer of every setting, then I would maybe skip the second one that was linked above in this thread, because last year I did a third one that is (and I hate to use this cliche but here goes anyway) a game-changer after I found a setting that is not supposed to do what it does - a volume control for power that you can use without screwing up all of the other kind/gentle PAS settings. Thats this one:

Its got a low-power PAS version and a hi power version. You can alter that one setting to come up with something in between, too. This makes it really easy to tame a BBSHD's (or a BBS02's) punishment of your drivetrain, and then also dial up the power to max, or down to minimum, without screwing up that safe/sane behavior.

When I was doing this I parallel'd directly after taking a bunch of precautions at the batteries' build level. I stopped doing that eventually and went to bigass single batteries and have never regretted it.

I'm still using BTRpower LFP batteries big block batteries with no issues.

I Love these things. Saving up for 72v 80ah big block battery LOL

Ride Safe ya'll :cool:

I'm still using BTRpower LFP batteries big block batteries with no issues.
I wish I could do that. But I need a pack that is 1 layer of cells deep (on end) to fit under the deck of the only bike I have that can take a big LFP pack. LFP is not dense enough to come anywhere near the 35ah I got doing this custom 21700 pack. And the BTRpower BMS is only 50a, which is not enough for my 2wd.

It would be really nice if I could take advantage of a pack that has a 3000-cycle lifespan.

20230116_144225.jpg
20230129_173525.jpg

Why? If you've got cut-offs on the brake levers, a throttle & a brain, why do you need to complicate the electrics further. The simpler the electrics, the less there is to go wrong. Look at today's modern vehicles, there are so many computer modules controlling everything these days, unlike cars of the past & are they any better? Vehicle accidents haven't gone down even with traction control, abs brakes etc.
Stats don't agree with your assessment.

Back