Buying Local or discount from Aventon

Hi Guys
So I have an update on my purchasing the 2 Ebikes from Aventon or a local dealer. I found another authorized dealer about 25 miles away from me and visited there today. So after talking to the manager I laid out the Aventon black friday sale price available now. I showed him my price for the two bikes would be $ 2699 before tax and asked him what is the best he could do to match the price. He said he could go to $3200 for both bikes with assembly and 3 free future tuneups (normally a $90 charge per tuneup). So now the difference in price is about $ 250 per bike from dealer vs Aventon website. I now leaning going with the dealer since he was willing to deal some and I get assembly , the 3 tuneups per bike and full dealer warranty support when needed. What do you guys think?
I would buy it from the local cooperative dealer, as you will be supporting a ma 'n pa operation. He may also get some of your business of accessories, I think. Will you actually drag those bikes the 25 miles back for tune-ups though? Better look into buying a rack from him too, unless you have a pickup.

I hope in turn he will go to Aventon and ask for a credit or something. When they run these online sales that are lower than their purchase price 6 months ago (as another member said) it makes those shops NOT want to carry Aventon any more.

Oh, by the way, I have an OEM Aventon rack I'll send you for just the cost of shipping, if it'll fit your bike. Drop me a PM.

It is the OEM rear rack from the Aventon Level.2. It’s in great shape, 9.5/10 easily. The width of the top of the rack is 5” apart so the Topeak MTX adapter plate won’t fit. The distance between the lower mounting points is 6-3/8”. The distance between the lower mounting holes and the bottom of the rack is 12-3/4”. The front mounting bars are 5” apart. The length of the front mounting bars is adjustable between 3 and 5-1/4”.

Here's the ad from Facebook Marketplace, from when I was trying to sell it before:

Oh, by the way, I have an OEM Aventon rack I'll send you for just the cost of shipping, if it'll fit your bike. Drop me a PM.

Here's the ad from Facebook Marketplace, from when I was trying to sell it before:
Thanks for the offer! The Pace 500.3 has a different rear rack, so yours wont fit.

Just got an email from Aventon saying local dealers up to $600 so I guess they are passing savings on
My dealer isn't participating in the Black Friday sale, so I'm paying the prices I posted. I'm still happy with the prices since it includes free assembly and the 3 free tuneups. I'm also getting the free accessories (worth $200) from Aventon black friday sale even though I'm buying the bikes from the authorized dealer.

Back