Battery for Pace 500.3 won't work in 500.2 ??

ecrawler

Local time
2:08 AM
Anybody out there own both the Aventon Pace 500.2 and Pace 500.3 ? Aventon informed me that the battery for the 500.3 won't work in a 500.2, and vice versa.

Is anyone able to confirm the accuracy of that statement? Unless there was a strong reason for them to change the battery design, it seems like it would have been much better for the consumer if they were compatible. (but maybe not as much $ for Aventon) Kind of unfortunate.

Reason I ask: New owner of a 500.2. Might take advantage of the $200 off deal on an extra battery. Aventon is informing me that the battery for the 500.2 is out of stock at the moment. Also, I figure parts for the new 500.3 will continue to be supported for a lot longer into the future than for the 500.2. Would be nice if the 500.3 battery would work in the 500.2 And for current 500.2 owners that are thinking of getting a 500.3, I'm sure you'd appreciate if the batteries were compatible.

Just thought of another question as well. In case Aventon does become poor about stocking batteries for the 500.2, has anyone identified a safe/reliable alternative brand battery designed to clone the Aventon battery?

Disregard. I confirmed that the batteries are indeed different between the 500.2 and 500.3. Bummer. I'd still be interested if anybody is aware of a safe 3rd party alternative to Aventon batteries for the 500.2.

Welcome to the forum - we have the widest assortment of eBike Enthusiasts here which gives you access to experience.

. What are you looking to accomplish with your investment in a 2nd battery ? Batteries are a major investment especially considering you have a $1300 entry cruiser eBike.

You have the Pace 500.2 - correct ? The reason I ask to confirm as not to confuse either the Pace 500.2 or Pacw 500.3 with the Aventon Level 2 or Aventon Level 3 - ALL seprate models and Level-2/Level-3 are different from 500.2/500.3

1. Do you plan to carry the 2nd battery with you and swap out mid-trip to extended your range ?

2. Have you tried pedal Assist with your Aventon so you will have a realistic range estimate for riding in your area ? That way you have estimated range for 1 Battery with Pedal Assist at a level You Are Comfortable with - and a 2 battery swap batter extimated range

3. You can go on eBay right now and buy a $300 48V 14AH Battery : CL,ICK HERE EBAY $299 PACE 500.2 BATTERY

Cowboy - I might suggest you consider a few items BEFORE your battery purcahse decision:

1. Rear Rack - like $45 from Aventon and their rear racks are based on Frame Size for correct fitting

2. Fender Set - Aventon $39 a pair - for those wet or muddy or snowy day

3. Comfort Seat - Amazon is your friend here with 100's to choose from under $40 : CLICK HERE $20 MEMORY FOAM SEAT

4. FlatOut Tire Sealant really/really works - 8oz each tire : CLICK HERE $19 FLATOUT SPORTSMAN FORMULA TIRE SEALANT

5. BEST 2600 Lumen Rechageable Headlighr $36 : CLICK HERE BEST AWESOME $36 HANDLEBAR HEADLIGHT

6, LIFE SAVING REAR TAILIGHT DAY OR NIGHT BRIGHTEST $46 350 LUMEN CYGOLITE HYPERSHOT 350

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Welcome to the forum - we have the widest assortment of eBike Enthusiasts here which gives you access to experience.

. What are you looking to accomplish with your investment in a 2nd battery ? Batteries are a major investment especially considering you have a $1300 entry cruiser eBike.

You have the Pace 500.2 - correct ?

1. Do you plan to carry the 2nd battery with you and swap out mid-trip to extended your range ?

2. Have you tried pedal Assist with your Aventon so you will have a realistic range estimate for riding in your area ? That way you have estimated range for 1 Battery with Pedal Assist at a level You Are Comfortable with - and a 2 battery swap batter extimated range

3. You can go on eBay right now and buy a $300 48V 14AH Battery : CL,ICK HERE EBAY $299 PACE 500.2 BATTERY

Fabbrisd, sorry for the delay, hadn't logged into forum for a while. Is that battery in the ebay link you provided an Aventon OEM, or 3rd party? Do you happen to know?

The reason for it is two fold. Every once in a while it would be a mid-ride swap for extended range. But mostly it's because my son has become almost what I would call a power user of our Pace 500.2. On a given day sometimes not a long time between separate outings. It could be good to have one battery at 80% on standby when he comes back from one trip at say 30% remaining, to allow the depleted battery to cool down and stabilize a while, and put the 80% battery onto the charger for an hour or two and be ready to go again. I hear what you're saying, about investing in an expensive battery for more of an entry level bike. But we've found the Pace 500.2 to be a fairly suitable bike for our purposes. If I we were starting over might we consider the Adventure.2 or Level.2 instead of the Pace? Maybe. But not unhappy with the Pace and not regretting it. The Pace tires have held up to 1800 miles so far and still some life left, which is more than I was expecting. Starting to have some issues with the rear brake, need to bleed it and add some mineral oil. If we get a second ebike, it might be another Pace 500.2 or maybe a 500.3, just to have common accessories etc..

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have a Pace 500.2 and the battery connection started arcing and corroding both the pin on the battery and the battery socket for that pin. Power failed on a ride after hitting a bump. Removed the battery and reinstalled and it worked until I hit another bump. It finally wouldn't work at all. The bike is 1 1/2 years old with over 3800 miles on it. Aventon support was aware of this problem and actually told me where to look as a casual inspection missed it. Sure enough, there was a band of corrosion around one of the pins on the battery connector and a blackening of the socket which the pin plugs into. Aventon sent me a new Pace 500.3 battery and a conversion kit for it to work in the Pace 500.2. Since the original battery was still in warranty it cost me nothing. The problem is that the nearest Aventon dealer is a 160 mile round trip and Aventon doesn't supply instructions for installing the kit. It would seem straight forward, but the kit contains 2 wire splice fittings along with a new key lock and socket assembly with wires that have bullet connectors. I'm pretty handy with DIY service on all my vehicles but I'd sure like to know what wires need to be spliced. It seems obvious that the plug connectors go to the controller located in the frame below the battery . Has anyone done this conversion? Also included are the part numbers on the packing slip.
Pace 500-3 conversion kit numbers.jpg
Pace 500-3 conversion kit.jpg

Attachments

• Aventon Burnt Pin01.jpg
    Aventon Burnt Pin01.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Aventon Burnt Pin03.jpg
    Aventon Burnt Pin03.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 30
Back