Buying Local or discount from Aventon

vetdoc

Local time
8:38 AM
Hi All
Quick question. I am looking to buy an Aventon level 2 and a Pace 500.3 for myself and my wife. Aventon is having a huge Black Friday sale now where I can purchase the level 2 for $1399 and the pace 500.3 for $1299 on their site. I went to my LBS this weekend and the best they will do is level2 $1799 and Pace 500.3 $1699. So there is an $800 difference in savings buying direct fron Aventon. I was hoping to support my LBS if they could at least reduce their price for each bike by $150-200 off the retail price, but no deal. So my question is do I save $800 and go with Aventon direct knowing that their support for their bikes is severely lacking if I need any warranty support or choose the LBS and receive 2 assembled bikes and warranty support from them. I'm leaning towards going with Aventon direct but would like some further input from the group.
Thanks much

i guess it would come down to what I felt comfortable dealing with myself. I am pretty mechanically inclined along with working on electronic for a career, so I would go for the savings. Also, I live and bike in the boonies so not much for LBS in my area. There are plenty of Aventon owners that will be along to give you their 2 cents as well. Good luck and enjoy the ride….

You can always take the bikes into your LBS even after you buy from aventon website right?
Your LBS is an authorized aventon dealer? I'd just buy direct from Aventon, then deal with repairs later as they come up really.

All over the facebook they have good and bad..the bad mostly being about their customer service / support

Then again we see alot of people on there with great things to say and they pretty much do their own repairs and are their own warranty
at that point.

Go where your gut leads you :)

i guess it would come down to what I felt comfortable dealing with myself. I am pretty mechanically inclined along with working on electronic for a career, so I would go for the savings. Also, I live and bike in the boonies so not much for LBS in my area. There are plenty of Aventon orders that will be along to give you their 2 cents as well. Good luck and enjoy the ride….
Im also pretty mechanically inclined although not necessarily electronics.
Thanks for your response

You can always take the bikes into your LBS even after you buy from aventon website right?
Your LBS is an authorized aventon dealer? I'd just buy direct from Aventon, then deal with repairs later as they come up really.

All over the facebook they have good and bad..the bad mostly being about their customer service / support

Then again we see alot of people on there with great things to say and they pretty much do their own repairs and are their own warrenty
at that point.

Go where your gut leads you :)
I would imagine I could take them to the LBS authorzed dealer if need be for repairs I cant handle. I need to ask them, a (bit awkward lol
Thanks for your response.

Man... Aventon direct has a awesome price on that model to move it quickly direct-to-consumer - and frankly the Aventon doesn't give the Dealer in this situation any "support" to price match the online special price at the retail store.... and this "special price" is below Aventon Dealer Cost... of course take the special price ... just don't take that Aventon to the dealer to set it up for you... no biggie

Hi All
Quick question. I am looking to buy an Aventon level 2 and a Pace 500.3 for myself and my wife. Aventon is having a huge Black Friday sale now where I can purchase the level 2 for $1399 and the pace 500.3 for $1299 on their site. I went to my LBS this weekend and the best they will do is level2 $1799 and Pace 500.3 $1699. So there is an $800 difference in savings buying direct fron Aventon. I was hoping to support my LBS if they could at least reduce their price for each bike by $150-200 off the retail price, but no deal. So my question is do I save $800 and go with Aventon direct knowing that their support for their bikes is severely lacking if I need any warranty support or choose the LBS and receive 2 assembled bikes and warranty support from them. I'm leaning towards going with Aventon direct but would like some further input from the group.
Thanks much
I would do what you're suggesting and save the $800. They are silly to expect to make that much profit from you. I would think they are getting the bikes for less than the Black Friday price.

I paid $2100 for my Level.2 locally last year; impulse buy. Great bike. You can see my review of it elsewhere in this subforum. I'm coming up on 800 miles on mine.

The Level.2's riding position is pretty committed. I put an adjustable stem on mine to help bring it more upright. Pace 500 would have been better, but at the time, it was only the 500.2 and it didn't have torque sensing. I would have had to add the fenders separately, and the rear one wouldn't have the tail light built in to the fender. (this is nice, as if you add panniers, they will block the tail lights in the seat stays)

Thanks Guys for your responses. It definitely helped finalize my decision to go with the Aventon website offer and save $800. Plus they are throwing in about $100 in free acessories for each bike. (Side bar mirror, Phone holder, tail light) There also selling me fenders for the Pace 500.3 at a discount $32.00. Overall great deal!

I would imagine I could take them to the LBS authorzed dealer if need be for repairs I cant handle. I need to ask them, a (bit awkward lol
Thanks for your response.
You local dealer is not a good businessman in my opinion. Show him the math......explain your planned action.....tell him you would love to do business with him but you are also looking to save a buck.....if he refuses......shake his hand and say....."your loss!" Good luck.

You local dealer is not a good businessman in my opinion. Show him the math......explain your planned action.....tell him you would love to do business with him but you are also looking to save a buck.....if he refuses......shake his hand and say....."your loss!" Good luck.
I hear you. I asked didn't even ask him to match the Aventon deal, but to just take his price down $150 on the Level 2 and $125 on the Pace 500.3. So the Level2 would be $ 1650 and the Pace, $1550 compared to Aventon price of $1425 and $1325. He wouldn't take a dime off the retail price, so I told him good luck with that attitude and I walked.:giggle:

Too bad for them I went to millrace in Geneva ill and they match the Aventon deal without me even having to ask but they did charge a $50 assy fee each which was fine I was in and out with 2 new level 2 in 20 mjns

Back