Can you make copies of Aventon keys?

bikesyogabat

Local time
11:14 PM
When I purchased my Level.2 my LBS told me I should make a copy of my battery key, as Aventon no longer will ship replacements (and there is no key code/number)
The local hardware store told me they can;t make a copy and said it's unlikely even a locksmith will be able to do so because it's routed rather than ground.

Anyone got a copy made?

Hi and Welcome to the forums! :cool:

Do you have any friends or relatives that have the same bike?
See if they will let you borrow their key ( if it works on your ebike) then go to another town and have one made or take a pic of it and do an image search on it.

I'd have to search but i think i may have an extra key for an Aventon Aventure in a bag somewhere...

ok, i don't have the key anymore i must have thrown it in the trash.

Well, you can try lockpicking then get the lock number and buy another lockset.

Try another locksmith in another bigger town .... i really dont think that a locksmith could not do this.

My keys look like this:
s-l500.jpg

Yuppers, looks like the one i threw away.

The right Locksmith can cut those type of keys.

Look towards BMW ... Which you will see in that search above....

When I purchased my Level.2 my LBS told me I should make a copy of my battery key, as Aventon no longer will ship replacements (and there is no key code/number)
The local hardware store told me they can;t make a copy and said it's unlikely even a locksmith will be able to do so because it's routed rather than ground.

Anyone got a copy made?
After having an e-key broke off at the hole, I drilled new holes in the meatier part of the keys. Good luck finding
duplicate blanks for e-keys. Have only found one once, & it was a poor fit. I'll never do business with Aventon
again. Needed a controller, no one had them, but Av. said they did, showed in catalog. I knew what it looked like
when I ordered, But they sent something entirely different for a folder & insisted that was the one I ordered.
Said no return policy, & I got burned for an extra $20 than the catalog list price which magically changed mid-order,
nearly $200. Den of Thieves!

Hi, I was wondering about this too and from what I can tell, motorcycle shops may be able to duplicate them for you. Your i.d. box says you are from Colorado. If you go to Google and put in who makes motorcycle keys in Colorado, a bunch of shops show up, you can pick whichever one is close. Let us know if it works out.

Back