Best source for geared hub motors.

Almost all hub motors will have 3, thick, phase wires - There have been a couple with a different number, but none in production today, SFAIK.

There will be, on most, three more, very thin, wires for Hall sensors, think timing, plus one red and one black for power, usually all in the same housing.

Some have one additional wire, usually white, either for speed or temp sensor.

Other than the white, red, and black, the colors and correct order for the other wires varies dramatically, and there is a correct order for each motor type.

The firing order and connector types vary quite a bit among brands, but as long as your controller has the needed wires, matches your battery voltage, and can supply the needed amps, should be compatible.

There is a detailed process diagram for determining the correct firing order. Cuts down on the numbers you need to try. This is one reason a lot of kits have individual bullet connectors for each wire.

There are a few with unusual requirements, such as Mac motors having a high commutation speed, etc.

I understand your direction.
\
Let me ask you - do you have the FreeGo F3 Pro now ? Which FreeGo ?

The reason I ask if this - if your 1st eBike is a "solid one" - the BEST you can do for yourself is to get out and RIDE !

Your 1st eBike is for enjoyment - maximize Joy !

On a solid eBike - RIDE - RIDE - RIDE !

My friend a solid eBike does not JUMP UP with a New Controller - or Jump UP with change out of one component - to go to the NEXT LEVEL you want to get to IS YOUR NEXT eBike !

I understand your direction.
\
Let me ask you - do you have the FreeGo F3 Pro now ? Which FreeGo ?

The reason I ask if this - if your 1st eBike is a "solid one" - the BEST you can do for yourself is to get out and RIDE !

Your 1st eBike is for enjoyment - maximize Joy !

On a solid eBike - RIDE - RIDE - RIDE !

My friend a solid eBike does not JUMP UP with a New Controller - or Jump UP with change out of one component - to go to the NEXT LEVEL you want to get to IS YOUR NEXT eBike !
I bought the new Freego F3 Pro Max. Basically same as the F3 Pro with more battery AH rating. My bike has a total of 55AH battery capacity instead of 40AH.

It seems to be a solid built bike & I've been doing nothing but riding the heck out of it. I love this bike, it's like a rocketship for my light butt!!! It tops out at 41mph on flat ground & I've seen 43mph but think I had a slight tail wind.
20231010_155905.jpg

I bought the new Freego F3 Pro Max. Basically same as the F3 Pro with more battery AH rating. My bike has a total of 55AH battery capacity instead of 40AH.

It seems to be a solid built bike & I've been doing nothing but riding the heck out of it. I love this bike, it's like a rocketship for my light butt!!! It tops out at 41mph on flat ground & I've seen 43mph but think I had a slight tail wind.View attachment 11275

I wonder how it'll be in the snow :unsure:

so another one of those, add a platform in the middle and figur out how to steer both ebikes now we're onto some
stuff right there bro lol

When Do these hub motors start failing, with stripped/wiped out sun or pinion gears? 2000 watts, & 50amps. There has to be a parts failure threshold on these geared hub motors at a point. To me the plastic gears or whatever they are made of looks to be the weak link. Thanks.

When Do these hub motors start failing, with stripped/wiped out sun or pinion gears? 2000 watts, & 50amps. There has to be a parts failure threshold on these geared hub motors at a point. To me the plastic gears or whatever they are made of looks to be the weak link. Thanks.
I've got an elcheapo voilamart 1500w kit that still runs through snow storms and crazy rain downpours since
the end of 2018 so might as well say since 2019 lol

it's a direct drive though so not much in moving parts lol
While were talking hub motors, a less turn count motor will have more speed, but less torque. A high count turn motor will have less speed but more torque. Am I correct? Or do I got it azz backwards? Thanks. I got a stupid idea with dual QS 3000watt hubs & dual sabvoton controllers.

While were talking hub motors, a less turn count motor will have more speed, but less torque. A high count turn motor will have less speed but more torque. Am I correct? Or do I got it azz backwards? Thanks. I got a stupid idea with dual QS 3000watt hubs & dual sabvoton controllers.
That's pretty much it, in a nutshell :)

Does anyone actually make a 1000watt front geared hub motor? I think most fronts had a 135mm or 150mm wide dropouts. I thought about buying 2 of the bafang G062 1000 watt hubs & using 1 in the front, but I think it will be too wide for a front dropout.

Does anyone actually make a 1000watt front geared hub motor? I think most fronts had a 135mm or 150mm wide dropouts. I thought about buying 2 of the bafang G062 1000 watt hubs & using 1 in the front, but I think it will be too wide for a front dropout.
I couldn't tell ya anything about front wheel motors

Sorry i can't help you on the front wheel motor area bro, if i break down and buy one of these it will be my first time with
2 wheel drive and i expect i'd be falling down ALOT :ROFLMAO:

Sorry i can't help you on the front wheel motor area bro, if i break down and buy one of these it will be my first time with
2 wheel drive and i expect i'd be falling down ALOT :ROFLMAO:
Lol by the 2nd day you will have it down thou. It's the power & loose gravel, sand, grass, that will get you down quick if turning & you add too much throttle.

The 2nd full day of riding it, & I was getting pretty confident with it. The thing that surprises me, for as heavy, especially top heavy, is how well you can stick this bike hard in the corners on pavement. I mean I was laying this bike over far in some fast hard turns & the bike was holding it.

This AWD ebike stuff is just a blast & the places it will go. Like a good 4 wheel drive pickup! The better the 4 wheel drive the farther the walk home is!!!

Again enthusiasm is good - in the eBike space there are a LOT of enthusiasts that have been digging into "performance" for quite a long time.

It's your choice on the direction you want to take for your NEXT EBIKE.

In AWD I was one of the 1st adopter's/pre-order guy of the Ariel Grizzly - the rest of my eBikes are Rear-Hub or Mid-Drive.

MQCON (Sabvotron) is a controller manufacturer in Wuxi/Jiangsu which is the Heartland of China PEV desing/manufacturing - and made their mark in being one of the 1st high volume controller manufacurers producing consistent quality products - it was reliability/quality-at-a-price where MQCON got their respect.

In technical quality controllers I suggest you start looking at FarDriver - they are in Anhui which is another China PEV heartland - and these guys are taking controller tech and launching it to the stars in terms of performance and programability::

CLICK HERE INTRO TO FARDRIVER ANT+ CONTROLLER PROGRAMABILITY

Now - since you're now Riding - all to the good - I strongly recommend FlatOut tire sealant - and I use FlatOut in ALL my eBikes and eScooters - this SH*T WORKS and importantly even works well in lower pressure Fattie''s:

CLICK HERE FOR REASONABLE REAL WORLD FLAT OUT TIRE SEALANT

My current Fav for Fat Tire headlights is the 2600 Lumen Rechargeable light bar from Amazon which is dang impressive:

SEPT 8 KEPLER LIGHT BAR.jpg

Again enthusiasm is good - in the eBike space there are a LOT of enthusiasts that have been digging into "performance" for quite a long time.

It's your choice on the direction you want to take for your NEXT EBIKE.

In AWD I was one of the 1st adopter's/pre-order guy of the Ariel Grizzly - the rest of my eBikes are Rear-Hub or Mid-Drive.

MQCON (Sabvotron) is a controller manufacturer in Wuxi/Jiangsu which is the Heartland of China PEV desing/manufacturing - and made their mark in being one of the 1st high volume controller manufacurers producing consistent quality products - it was reliability/quality-at-a-price where MQCON got their respect.

In technical quality controllers I suggest you start looking at FarDriver - they are in Anhui which is another China PEV heartland - and these guys are taking controller tech and launching it to the stars in terms of performance and programability::

CLICK HERE INTRO TO FARDRIVER ANT+ CONTROLLER PROGRAMABILITY

Now - since you're now Riding - all to the good - I strongly recommend FlatOut tire sealant - and I use FlatOut in ALL my eBikes and eScooters - this SH*T WORKS and importantly even works well in lower pressure Fattie''s:

CLICK HERE FOR REASONABLE REAL WORLD FLAT OUT TIRE SEALANT

My current Fav for Fat Tire headlights is the 2600 Lumen Rechargeable light bar from Amazon which is dang impressive:

View attachment 11277
Them far driver controllers look interesting. $200 will get you a nice controller. What display can be used with them or can a display be used? The FarDriver controller I looked at was a 2400-5000 watt controller. What's surprising is amazon has them.

Back