Planetary gears

BenzYoc

Local time
3:32 PM
I have a 750w BeeCool ebike. I need the planetary gears inside the motor and cant find them. 47mm tall 13mm thick and the hole size is 8mm. the gears are beveled at a angle. All the gears I can find are straight cut gears. Anyone know where i can find the beveled gears?

Post a photo's mate.... a picture is worth 1000 words and the like.....#1- I 'THINK' your BeeCool has a mid-drive motor - is that correct ? #2 - w
I "think" you have 750w Bafang BBSHD mid-drive motor - is that correct, if you know ? #3 CLICK HERE BBSHD GEAR REPLACEMENT

Thew BIG Question mate - What Did You Do ? Either this is a way old mid-drive motor - or how did it frack up so bad that you don't post photos of the gears ?

IMG_9743.jpeg
IMG_9742.png

Post a photo's mate.... a picture is worth 1000 words and the like.....#1- I 'THINK' your BeeCool has a mid-drive motor - is that correct ? #2 - w
I "think" you have 750w Bafang BBSHD mid-drive motor - is that correct, if you know ? #3 CLICK HERE BBSHD GEAR REPLACEMENT

Thew BIG Question mate - What Did You Do ? Either this is a way old mid-drive motor - or how did it frack up so bad that you don't post photos of the gears ?
Thanks for the help. I figured it would be pretty common but I’m definitely wrong.

Wipe off the grease covering the letters on the bottom and Google it. Not chinese characters, should be findable.

Bee Cool is not being cool with replacement parts?

It is not as common as it used to be, but those teeth do not look chewed up at all. Problem used to be called "peanut-butter gears".

There is no marking on the gear. Only the barring. Beecool says to replace the entire motor not just the gears. I don’t think they understand my question.

Okay - since Bafang mid-drives have "angle toothed reduction gears" it kindof thru me off. For hub motors - when you disassemble to hub motor you will find 3 planetary gears mounted on a plate - is that what you have ?

You would look to replace the gears if they show damage - meaning the teeth have been damaged

With 35/angled-teeth : CLICK HERE ALIEXPRESS 35T ANGLED TEETH GEARS

Okay - since Bafang mid-drives have "angle toothed reduction gears" it kindof thru me off. For hub motors - when you disassemble to hub motor you will find 3 planetary gears mounted on a plate - is that what you have ?

You would look to replace the gears if they show damage - meaning the teeth have been damaged

Wow you found them! Unfortunately they are out of stock. What phrase did you use to find them?

There is no marking on the gear. Only the barring.

I have a motor ready for new gears. BeeCool sent me two motors and the only issue is that the gears fail. The green gears i posted are sloppy and there was a lot of play between the barring and gear. The motor is fine, il jst need replacement gears and i can easily fix the gears.

Wow I would have guessed these are a dime a dozen... and the 36T Bafang straight-tooth gears are everywhere. But 35T helical gears not so much.

To be helpful - you have (2) motors - if both motors have the same 35 teeth gears - take a "good gear" from the other motor - or am I missing something ?

Myself - I have never seen bearing failure in hub gears - chewed up or borken teeth - but bearing failure is new to me.

Now - these will be noisy : CLICK HERE 35T METAL GEARS

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
To be helpful - you have (2) motors - if both motors have the same 35 teeth gears - take a "good gear" from the other motor - or am I missing something ?

Myself - I have never seen bearing failure in hub gears - chewed up or borken teeth - but bearing failure is new to me.

One motor is in the bike and works. The other motor needs gears. I’d like to buy a few sets to have some in hand. Both motors have air the same gear.

The green bearings had a lot of play in them.

The bearings you posted are 37mm.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
OK - so I can try to help - on your eBike - what "Problem" did yoiu have that ead you to "loose gear bearing" ? You say it "failed" based on the gear shown in the photo that is not true - noiisy/maybe, vibrating/maybe - failed no.

1. angle cut gears (aslso termed helcal are gears cut intended to drive a worm gear shaft - in essence taking power in one direct and turning it 90 degrees to that

2. you seem casual about switching one motor to another - you snap one geart which looks good (and gooey too) without showing the3-gear plate it came from

Long story.

The bearings are fine, the gears are separating from the bearings. BeeCool bikes are made with the cheapest parts. Its become a hassle. They expect me to diagnose issues and do repair work. Im considering taking them to court. My bike has been nonfunctional for a 6 of the last 18 months.

The second motor went out and i replaced. about 50 miles after i got a 02 error code and its not working at all.

The bike has 700 miles on it and its 18months old.

The last hi profile project I saw to replace nylon helical gears with metal (for increased durability), after a great deal of engineering to try and match the slant of the gears (which apparently is not something that is universal) early adopters were posting pics of motors with metal shavings starting to sprinkle themselves in and around their motor innards and circuit boards. That ended for me any consideration of going to metal on a geared hub. I've got some made of Peek sitting on the sidelines waiting in case disaster strikes, but no metal.

The nylon is also a fail-safe. If the gear peanut-butters, usually its a much cheaper and easier repair than whatever is going to be next up the food chain of failure.

Let be up front - the Best-Route-To-Riding "might be" replacing the rear motor - you mentioned BeCool sent you 2nd motor - did they send full motor w/housing/w-derailleur that required re-lacing the rear wheel ? Or did they supply a "drop in" assembly that you fit into existiing hub ? Frankly - you might consider a motor/hub replacement - remount deraillieur and re-lace into existing wheel - or a replacement moto/hub/wheel and remount deraillieur. Understand you're upset - but there is no issue to "sue" over here.

Back