Best source for geared hub motors.

DieselTech

Local time
3:17 PM
Guys & gals where is a good place to buy a 1000 watt geared hub motors. In the future I would like to buy a front & rear geared hub motors.

Is there a reputable dealer? I see them on aliexpress & Alibaba & Temu, but I personally dont trust or use them type places. Amazon is as close as I get to places like that.

Wheres the place to buy from?

Thanks.

I've had nothing but trouble doing that over a period of years. The individual market for them is catch and catch-can it seems. I've had very good luck with Ali and ebay seller conhismotor ove repeat buys. I've had decent luck with electrobikeworld dotcom with fat G060 motors, front and rear. I THINK they sell the 1000w G062. But I believe you can forget about a 1000w front version unless you get lucky. Front motor availability is really difficult in terms of reliability. I looked for probably a couple of years for a front 750w G060 before I finally found them on sale at EBW. No guarantee they will stay available.

Speaking of which, Bafang has changed the plugs on their motors which means the motor plugs no longer interface with controllers made by a third party - which was the reason Bafang did it. So be careful which plug version you buy. EBW sells adapters but they are the only ones I have seen who have them... and of course they want ransom for the things.

There is a brand new 2-speed Bafang motor. 1000w and 95 Nm. Should be a unicorn for I am guessing about two years but if you can find one its definitely worth a look. Its designed for a single sprocket, which makes some sense since a hub motor doesn't care about gears, anyway. 2nd gear hits around 16 mph and it should be good to 30 mph. It is the G06A2, or H720.

I've had nothing but trouble doing that over a period of years. The individual market for them is catch and catch-can it seems. I've had very good luck with Ali and ebay seller conhismotor ove repeat buys. I've had decent luck with electrobikeworld dotcom with fat G060 motors, front and rear. I THINK they sell the 1000w G062. But I believe you can forget about a 1000w front version unless you get lucky. Front motor availability is really difficult in terms of reliability. I looked for probably a couple of years for a front 750w G060 before I finally found them on sale at EBW. No guarantee they will stay available.

Speaking of which, Bafang has changed the plugs on their motors which means the motor plugs no longer interface with controllers made by a third party - which was the reason Bafang did it. So be careful which plug version you buy. EBW sells adapters but they are the only ones I have seen who have them... and of course they want ransom for the things.

There is a brand new 2-speed Bafang motor. 1000w and 95 Nm. Should be a unicorn for I am guessing about two years but if you can find one its definitely worth a look. Its designed for a single sprocket, which makes some sense since a hub motor doesn't care about gears, anyway. 2nd gear hits around 16 mph and it should be good to 30 mph. It is the G06A2, or H720.

Thanks. I'm looking for replacements for future down the road insurance. That & I would like to build a ebike someday too. I'll have to take a pic of my Freego hub motor connector.

To me it looks similar to the older style bafang plug. I've also seen some new bafang hub motor connectors that are hexagon shaped. I believe them might be a new style connector. This ebike world is all new to me.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

To me it looks similar to the older style bafang plug. I've also seen some new bafang hub motor connectors that are hexagon shaped. I believe them might be a new style connector. This ebike world is all new to me.
Nope the 'hexagon' plug is what I call the 'big' plug. Thats the one you used to get with the higher-powered Bafang motors. The little round one is what you used to get with the 250, 350 and 500w motors. OR with motors meant for 36v.

Here's the 'hex' plug. This is an old style you can still find in the marketplace but according to Bafang (I talked to them at Sea Otter last year) they are moving everything to their new style plug ... which you can't count on absolutely because Bafang does whatever it wants including backtracking:

bigBafang.jpg

This is the low amperage/wattage version you find on their less powerful motors.

smlbafang.jpg

This is an old-school G060 front motor with the new plug.

newbafang2.jpg
newbafang.jpg

If you go to ElectroBikeWorld and look at their Motors section you'll see a lot more, including the adapters that will make these new connectors adapt to all the controllers that still use the old plugs.

Nope the 'hexagon' plug is what I call the 'big' plug. Thats the one you used to get with the higher-powered Bafang motors. The little round one is what you used to get with the 250, 350 and 500w motors. OR with motors meant for 36v.

Here's the 'hex' plug. This is an old style you can still find in the marketplace but according to Bafang (I talked to them at Sea Otter last year) they are moving everything to their new style plug ... which you can't count on absolutely because Bafang does whatever it wants including backtracking:

View attachment 11247

This is the low amperage/wattage version you find on their less powerful motors.

View attachment 11248

View attachment 11250View attachment 11249
If you go to ElectroBikeWorld and look at their Motors section you'll see a lot more, including the adapters that will make these new connectors adapt to all the controllers that still use the old plugs.
Thanks. Lmao it might be cheaper in todays ebike craze to buy a couple new bikes to dismantle for parts. I appreciate the info.

View attachment 11247

View attachment 11248

View attachment 11250View attachment 11249
So I'm new to this ebike stuff. I told myself I would never own 1. But I love it.

So can you make heads or tails what these motors numbers are? I think they are a copy off a bafang.

Also this is the front hub motor connector on my bike. They thread together.
20231013_232203.jpg
20231013_232257.jpg
20231013_232404.jpg
20231013_232539.jpg
Is this a new style bafang connector? Or something completely off the wall?

Thanks.

Guys & gals where is a good place to buy a 1000 watt geared hub motors. In the future I would like to buy a front & rear geared hub motors.

Is there a reputable dealer? I see them on aliexpress & Alibaba & Temu, but I personally dont trust or use them type places. Amazon is as close as I get to places like that.

Wheres the place to buy from?

Thanks.
I bought my Bafang kit from this guy: https://www.johnnynerdout.com/ He's very responsive and has several very helpful videos. He also does 20 min consultations to go over specific issues if you want to ask question about your build or bike. straight shooter. You can get full kits or components.

I think I may have misunderstood the question. Are you looking for mid-drives with like, low and high gears? Fancy. I haven't seen that before

So can you make heads or tails what these motors numbers are? I think they are a copy off a bafang.

Also this is the front hub motor connector on my bike. They thread together. Is this a new style bafang connector? Or something completely off the wall?

Thanks.
I'll echo what was said above. The motor LOOKS like its a Bafang, 20" wind, 48v/750w. The plug does look to be the newfangled one I think they have standardized across all motors rather than having two of them. But the method of putting the serial on the motor (looks like white paint rather than the usual engraving) and the character sequence do not follow the established Bafang syntax. Which is no shock as this motor appears to have been oem-marked for 'linkwe'. If the order is big enough, Bafang will make all manner of customizations. Witness the Rad Power Bikes low-wattage motors that Bafang labelled '750w' for them, and in later years after enough backlash, even gave them the big plug to so you couldn't you had been fibbed to unless you open up the motor, look at the core and realize its half the size a 750 should be.

Given how Bafang is now putting a mild crinkle finish on its metal-cased motors (they are also using cheaper cast housings), I bet your motors are plastic? Bafang used to do plastic for their low-power motors only, then they went to metal for all of them for a few years.

Are you looking for mid-drives with like, low and high gears? Fancy. I haven't seen that before
There's only one. Pinion just came out with a mid drive that leveraged their gearbox tech to deliver a motor with self-contained variable internal gearing. Only available on colossally expensive manufactured ebikes - once they finally make it into the wild.

On "motors" or "kits - motor, conmtroller, display with/or-without battery" - A. Amazon has wide range of vendors it is ALWAYS important what Amazon Return Priviledge covers (or does not cover) that specific sale

B. US web sellers - ElectroBike World and JohnnyNerdOut are both credible people/outfits.

C. Asia web - AliExpress/AliBaba/dhGate/Temu - you really/really need to know specifically what you need - and a clear understaning in your head that you will have ZERO vendor return priviledge & ZERO vendor product support - and any shipment snafu's with your Purchase will be agony to get straightened out.

D. Europe web - Euro sites are becoming more and more competitive - and frankly there is Euro Designed and/or Euro Built Gear that is
outstanding. Don't finish your search until AFTER you have checked Euro - don't trust the Italians and don't trust the Greeks.
Frankly -

As a parts hound I have done a bit of business thru all these channels.

If you are looking to Build your 1st eBike - I strongly advise you select your Source from those who can provide "motor-controller-display-kit" with/or-without battery for hub's - or "middrive-display" with/or-without battery.

D-Tech you seem to be chasing that motor diligently - care to share why ?

I "think" I have seen that motor marking before - somewhere here or another forum - or maybe my delusion !

mR sniffs it like I do - it's not entirely clear who/what.

If this motor is a freebie all well and good - if you are going to do your 1st build - start with a "better fresh motor" - this season the production Bafang G062 is running "strong" and not "that expensive" .

D-Tech you seem to be chasing that motor diligently - care to share why ?

I "think" I have seen that motor marking before - somewhere here or another forum - or maybe my delusion !

mR sniffs it like I do - it's not entirely clear who/what.

If this motor is a freebie all well and good - if you are going to do your 1st build - start with a "better fresh motor" - this season the production Bafang G062 is running "strong" and not "that expensive" .
The reason I'm sniffing/snopping or whatever. Is I bought by 1st ebike, I'm a person that likes to keep spare parts around. Like the geared hub motors.

I also was trying to figure out if these hub motors use a common /standardized connector. & if i can buy like a bafang or bafang knock hub motor & use it on whatever. Other than changing out a connector end.

I'm also trying to find a place I can readily call or email & order hub motors. Preferably 1000watt geared hub motors.

With the million of ebikes out/sold, it just seems hard to find the high powered gear hubs.

Like the bafang G062 1000 watt hub, I can find it in a ebike kit minus the battery for around $390 & up depending on the display wanted. Now I like to find a 750-1000watt front hub motor. Basically trying to find a suitable match or replacement if my hub motors go bad.

I was also trying to get a idea as to what's compatible not compatible when it comes to hub motors & controllers & such things.

I understand the Direction of your thinking - on the eBikes I have purchased over the past 4-5 years just so you know I have never have had a "hub motor failure" - frankly I have opened 3 of mine to add "Statorade" (you can google for that from Grin in Canada) - and 1 of mine to replace/play with the tri-gear plate (changing from Nylon - Brass - Steel - Steel Sandwich) on tangental urge I had at the time.

On a hub motor - easiest to replace with a new rear rim/wheel mounted with the new hub motor already - but frankly even with same connector - a new motor may not match/work with your existing controller and/or existing display.

I am not trying to hold you back on your enthusiasm - I remember when I got lost for about a yr chasing "the best controller" "the best motor" "display protocols" etc - except for European standards on Euro spec mid-drives the rest of this eBike space is like the 1800's Wild West !

I understand the Direction of your thinking - on the eBikes I have purchased over the past 4-5 years just so you know I have never have had a "hub motor failure" - frankly I have opened 3 of mine to add "Statorade" (you can google for that from Grin in Canada) - and 1 of mine to replace/play with the tri-gear plate (changing from Nylon - Brass - Steel - Steel Sandwich) on tangental urge I had at the time.

On a hub motor - easiest to replace with a new rear rim/wheel mounted with the new hub motor already - but frankly even with same connector - a new motor may not match/work with your existing controller and/or existing display.

I am not trying to hold you back on your enthusiasm - I remember when I got lost for about a yr chasing "the best controller" "the best motor" "display protocols" etc - except for European standards on Euro spec mid-drives the rest of this eBike space is like the 1800's Wild West !
Yeah that's basically in a nutshell what I'm trying to figure out. If my Freego branded hub motor goes bad/ gets burned up or whatever. Can a bafang be used by just changing out the hub motor connector.

Or do these hub motors use different numbers of wires fro 1 to the next or some type of software protocol, that wont allow the hub motor to function.

Like some of these cheap dual motor ebikes, can i just go buy 1 & rob the hub motors/ wheel assembly off & use it on another bike. Short of possibly changing out the wiring connector or by even hard wiring it.

I'm new to this stuff & to me a geared hub motor is a geared hub motor & should be easily swapped out if needed. But it sounds like this is not the case. Thanks I appreciate your time & knowledge.

Another thing that comes back to the hub motors. Say I get tired of or my 23amp controllers burn out.

Can I just go get me a couple KT 35A controllers & their display & use my hub motors.

Or say I want to use dual 45amp Sabvoton controllers?

Will these hub motors of mine function with aftermarket controllers short of changing out a motor connector or hard wiring it?

Back