Planetary gears

Redoing the motor like that is likely going to mean learning a whole lot more about this process than he wants to. Plus as the old saying goes, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I've had quality wheel builds done with Bafang 750w motors and the motor alone is going to run $250+. Add to that a quality double wall fat rim, 36 quality spokes (DT Champs or Sapim Strongs), brass nipples and wheelbuilder labor/time and you'll have a quality wheel, but it won't be connected to anything yet and you'll be out probably $400 total (and I haven't factored in the cost of a proper cassette cluster or the implications of doing another junky freewheel).

I think suing the manufacturer is a waste of time as well. They advertise a 2-year warranty and its 18 months, so maybe thats the direction to go, and buy smarter next time. Or now that you have your feet wet, build your own and bypass the issues of ebike-quality; which is pervasive if you try and ride one hard and find out the parts are bottom of the line.

If you want to play/email/guy with China for a bit - the link below "should" give you OEM sales contact for the maker of that motor (EIWOL) - NO they will not respond to solving your problem - you might say something like - "working on a custom ebike project for a major US company as award for their Top 1000 Employee's - the Company likes a design and spec similar to the BeeCool 26" Model#XXXXXXXX - our engineering dept did a component breakdown of that competitiver model and found the planetary gear assembly to be below our project spec - specifically the planentary gear material did not meet strength test seaprating from the gear bearing on bench/life test. Do you have a different model 750-1000 48V motor that would be better suited for our project ?" ....

https://eiwolmotor.en.made-in-china...-H-Open-Size-190mm-Ebike-Spoke-Hub-Motor.html somthing

Let be up front - the Best-Route-To-Riding "might be" replacing the rear motor - you mentioned BeCool sent you 2nd motor - did they send full motor w/housing/w-derailleur that required re-lacing the rear wheel ? Or did they supply a "drop in" assembly that you fit into existiing hub ? Frankly - you might consider a motor/hub replacement - remount deraillieur and re-lace into existing wheel - or a replacement moto/hub/wheel and remount deraillieur. Understand you're upset - but there is no issue to "sue" over here.

BeeCool wants me to do the work on the bike to fulfill their warranty issues. Im not a bike mechanic. Ive spent 20 or more hours fixing their warranty issues. I didn't buy a bike to have it not working all the time and to be working on it constantly. Ive asked them a few to take the bike back and provide a refund they have refused every time. I really have no other options at this point. Ive also asked them to let me take it to a shop and have a professional do the work. They refuse.

They send me the entire motor and provide instructions to take the motor out of the hub and swap with the old one. Ive asked them to send the entire rim assembly and they refuse.

Is it reasonable for a ebike to burn up 2 motors and have controller issues all within 18 months and 700 miles?

Im 250lbs riding on 95% flat terrain and never ride hard. I ride super safe mostly on setting 2 or 3 and I always pedal.

I have a video chat with them tonight. I not fulfilling their warranty issues without compensation anymore. They dont get to sell a broken bike then expect the customer to do the work required to fix it at no charge. Its very upsetting.

Redoing the motor like that is likely going to mean learning a whole lot more about this process than he wants to. Plus as the old saying goes, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I've had quality wheel builds done with Bafang 750w motors and the motor alone is going to run $250+. Add to that a quality double wall fat rim, 36 quality spokes (DT Champs or Sapim Strongs), brass nipples and wheelbuilder labor/time and you'll have a quality wheel, but it won't be connected to anything yet and you'll be out probably $400 total (and I haven't factored in the cost of a proper cassette cluster or the implications of doing another junky freewheel).

I think suing the manufacturer is a waste of time as well. They advertise a 2-year warranty and its 18 months, so maybe thats the direction to go, and buy smarter next time. Or now that you have your feet wet, build your own and bypass the issues of ebike-quality; which is pervasive if you try and ride one hard and find out the parts are bottom of the line.

I fully expect to be ignored by BeeCool. Ill file a small claims against them and it will probably just cost me time and money but maybe it works. Maybe I get a refund or something. Most likely nothing happens and im stuck with this bike and ill end up putting a new motor and controller in it like you suggest. Id like to do a hybrid gear motor if it comes to that.

Im not a bike mechanic but im pretty capible of doing whats needed. Its not my responsbilty its theirs.

They face timed me. Looks like the controller failed. One of the wires burnt out and possibly burnt out the motor or the motor is burnt out. I spoke with her she thinks that the controller failing is why motors are burning out. I was tricked into working on the bike again.

On the plus side they called when they said they would and the lady was nice and knowledgeable. Im still pissed and wish I never got this bike.

Also the aliexpress seller that has my gears said he has more and I can order soon.

Back