2008 Giant SuedeE - too old to fix?

Sjbuttrey

Local time
7:19 PM
Even with a new battery I can get only 11 mph with full throttle on my 2008 Giant SuedeE electric bike. So something else is not working. My concern is even with a new battery the bike may be too old to get back up to speed (the battery people said it ought to go up to 17mph). Any suggestions?

Even with a new battery I can get only 11 mph with full throttle on my 2008 Giant SuedeE electric bike. So something else is not working. My concern is even with a new battery the bike may be too old to get back up to speed (the battery people said it ought to go up to 17mph). Any suggestions?
Possibly something is wrong with the throttle assembly.

What kind of setup do you have? Hud or mid-drive? How much you weigh and how much weight is on the bike? Where do you ride, is it hilly? What E components/setup does the bike have?

Verify carefully that your new battery is the correct voltage, also if you have any type of speed or mode settings, make sure they are maxed.

Unless you have Really, really bad bearings, or something similar, if the motor works at all it should work normally, unless it got severely overheated at some point.

Back