Winter Riding?

WHEELZ

Local time
9:16 PM
Riding in the snow? I went out today, cold but so much fun.

Attachments

• SNOWRIDE.jpg
    SNOWRIDE.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 38
I've been commuting almost every day, but this past week was well below zero and I've been taking the car to work again. I can feel the difference. I have this pent-up energy when I get to work now and I get frustrated easier. It's supposed to get back up closer to freezing next week and I can't wait.

I may be pushing it, after about 35 min. in 20° F. my little e-bike LCD controller starts getting slow motion, and the battery level indicator gets pretty low fast. I'm thinking low 30°'s F. is the coldest riding these bikes can handle. This thing took on some pretty harsh trails with no major problem, I'm surprised the power on this small motor. :)

Attachments

• Ride1.jpg
    Ride1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Ride3.jpg
    Ride3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 34
I may be pushing it, after about 35 min. in 20° F. my little e-bike LCD controller starts getting slow motion, and the battery level indicator gets pretty low fast. I'm thinking low 30°'s F. is the coldest riding these bikes can handle. This thing took on some pretty harsh trails with no major problem, I'm surprised the power on this small motor. :)
That's some pretty deep snow. Have you bit the dust yet?

No, dropped the PSI down to 18 lbs, there is some foot traffic I was riding on. I keep the PAS down to the lowest level and use the thumb throttle and it applies the power very gradually. The tires that came with this bike are pretty aggressive 2.4" and do a good job powering through some pretty deep stuff. I think what also helps, is this bike does not weigh much more than a vintage mountain bike, it's easy to throw around compared to some of the 75 lb. fat tire electrics I had in the past. It's not the most sophisticated or a fast bike, but it's doing snow well.

Back