Tires & Tubes Which tyre to choose

xibo108

Local time
9:55 PM
Hi, I have a Trek Allant+ 5 that came with Schwalbe tyres and I'm having a hard time finding exactly the same type of tyre that came with it. The back tyre is pretty worn out after thousands of miles. I wouldn't mind trying another type of tyre as well but honestly I'm a bit baffled which ones to go for. When I search for the same tyre mostly they turn out to be TLE tubeless ready and as far as I'm informed tubeless ready tyres are not optimal for tube use. I could be wrong though as I keep encountering conflicting information. I wouldn't mind if I could find the same exact tyre but it seems to be tricky since mostly they are TLE or there is no information if they are tube only like the one that came with the bike. Or should I go tubeless or try another brand of tyre? The tyres that came with the bike are Schwalbe g-one allround 57-584, 27,5"x2.25"

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Schwalbe make good tires.

One thing you can do in the interim is swap the front with the the rear; rears tend to get most of the wear.

You don't need tires that aren't tubless-ready. "Tubeless-ready" just means the beads can seal up tighter than otherwise. (also makes the bead a bit harder to seat)

I'd probably look for the equivalent modern Schwalbe tire. They have good puncture resistance. The moped-duty Continental tires on my Aventon Level.2 are nice as well.

Schwalbe make good tires.

One thing you can do in the interim is swap the front with the the rear; rears tend to get most of the wear.

You don't need tires that aren't tubless-ready. "Tubeless-ready" just means the beads can seal up tighter than otherwise. (also makes the bead a bit harder to seat)

I'd probably look for the equivalent modern Schwalbe tire. They have good puncture resistance. The moped-duty Continental tires on my Aventon Level.2 are nice as well.
I ordered the Smart Sam tyres.

Back