VIVI bike malfunction

mark156531

Local time
9:51 AM
I have a vivi 36 volt bike that is not working. The battery is full and it powers on but after about 5 seconds the leds on the display start flashing. You can ride the bike while the leds are flashing but after about 30 seconds it shuts off completely. The controller has been replaced so it appears it must be something else. I've checked all the connections and even tried to disconnect as many of the cables as I can to see if something is shorting out but I get the same results regardless. The PAS is not working. Only the throttle will propel the bike. Any thoughts or suggestions?

How old is it, how long have you had it, roughly how many miles, was it recently stored for several months, use a digital voltmeter (DVM) and take readings immediately after a charge, one hour after a charge with NO USAGE, and as fast as humanly possible after a shutdown.

After a shutdown, do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, wait 3-5 or 10-15 minutes, and try to turn it back on. Report ALL results.

Who told you to replace the controller? This was almost certainly a total waste of time, effort, and money. Did you replace with an EXACTLY IDENTICAL controller, or one that was slightly different, and if different, DETAIL in precisely what ways it differs.

WOW unbelievable what I am dealing with on my VIVI Super Sport Ebike. I bough it over a year ago but did not ride it do to having multiple surgeries but this summer I pulled it out to ride. I rode it only twice and the throttle stopped working and the front headlight stopped working at the same time. I am like well that is weird why is it doing that!? So I contact our only one electric bike repair shop which is over an hour away and they said this," We do not work on VIVI Ebikes because one they are hard to get parts for and they are the most cheapest made ebikes that do not last long at all and they are just made to make money. I was livid to say the least. Any of you own one of these and do you have any suggestions?

I have a vivi 36 volt bike that is not working. The battery is full and it powers on but after about 5 seconds the leds on the display start flashing. You can ride the bike while the leds are flashing but after about 30 seconds it shuts off completely. The controller has been replaced so it appears it must be something else. I've checked all the connections and even tried to disconnect as many of the cables as I can to see if something is shorting out but I get the same results regardless. The PAS is not working. Only the throttle will propel the bike. Any thoughts or suggestions?
when you first plug in the charged battery and turn on the bike do all 5 of the lights that show the power level on the display all come on before it shuts off? And did this just start happening all the sudden or have you gone for a while and not ridden the bike or used the battery between the last time you rode the bike and it was working and when the problem started? I know that vivis are pretty low-quality bikes and the company also knows almost nothing about them being they just drop ship them and their crappy and almost non-existent customer service people have never even seen one of the bikes other than pictures on the website. They also give some very flawed info about taking care of the batteries that if someone follows Vivi's instructions to always keep the battery at full charge when not using the battery for long periods of time will damage the batteries and is not a good practice. so if you keep the battery fully charged all the time like they tell you to. it could very well be the battery. But if the controller is turning on at all then it's at least getting some power from the battery but usually, the blinking lights just before it shuts off is what usually happens when a battery is less than 10% charged or below the Vivi's controllers cut off voltage of 39.9volts

WOW unbelievable what I am dealing with on my VIVI Super Sport Ebike. I bough it over a year ago but did not ride it do to having multiple surgeries but this summer I pulled it out to ride. I rode it only twice and the throttle stopped working and the front headlight stopped working at the same time. I am like well that is weird why is it doing that!? So I contact our only one electric bike repair shop which is over an hour away and they said this," We do not work on VIVI Ebikes because one they are hard to get parts for and they are the most cheapest made ebikes that do not last long at all and they are just made to make money. I was livid to say the least. Any of you own one of these and do you have any suggestions?
Yup. Except for 5 or 6 "marquis" brands .. THIS is the story you will get, and unfortunately it's true and pretty universal. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but ..................

Same problem here! Their customer support isn't any help either! They've send me replacement parts that do nothing. A huge big waste of time!

Any updates? Mine is having the exact same problem

Back