Tips For Using E-bikes

Website
aostirmotor.bike
Proper use of e-bikes can extend its life and reduce malfunctions so that various functions can be performed normally.

1. Check whether the battery box is locked before riding. Whether the display panel and each light display is normal.

2. When riding on a rainy day, do not let the water depth exceed the center of the e-bike wheel.

3. Avoid long-term storage in places where the air is humid and the temperature is too high. Avoid prolonged sun and rain.

4. Lubrication is an important part of the maintenance of e-bikes. According to the usage, scrub and lubricate the parts.

sojourner

A cautionary for those of us, well past our prime. As a geriatric ebiker, I have noticed what I feel is a danger due to the greater speed possible on most ebikes. Most of us elderly riders have accustomed ourselves to the lesser performance that we experience with traditonal bicycles. Ebikes take us back to the time and speed when our reflexes and responses were much better. This problem can be compounded when carrying a substantial load. The ebike will still max-out at 20 + mph where we'd be proud to maintain 10 mph on a traditional unit.
So; Slow Down Olds....I know I will.

Website
aostirmotor.bike
A cautionary for those of us, well past our prime. As a geriatric ebiker, I have noticed what I feel is a danger due to the greater speed possible on most ebikes. Most of us elderly riders have accustomed ourselves to the lesser performance that we experience with traditonal bicycles. Ebikes take us back to the time and speed when our reflexes and responses were much better. This problem can be compounded when carrying a substantial load. The ebike will still max-out at 20 + mph where we'd be proud to maintain 10 mph on a traditional unit.
So; Slow Down Olds....I know I will.
Thank you very much for your reply. You're right. Most e-bikes can be fast, but it's up to you. You can choose a slower e-bike or find the speed that works for you while riding.

Train Dan

My 340 Bimmer has (so far) failed to exceed my reflexes, and I'm a codger.
But the caveat is well taken, and with a track record of bike wrecks (couple of beauts), I will be careful.
Dan

TomDu

My motorcycle is in the garage waiting for me to heal. To be honest, I wear gear all the time. Excursions into the relam of tripple digits are just easy. I also put it on to run to the local store. Light weight clothing for e bikers, with some knee and hip armor and some abrasion resistance, shouldn't be overly expensive, if we could convince someone to manufacture it.

Train Dan

I have enough trouble wearing a helmet, let alone looking like I'm ready for the race on the Isle of Man. ;)
Now, that said, it wouldn't be a bad idea; I already scuffed up a leg, getting my balance back in shape. It's been 5 years since I've been on a bike. But I'm a rail trail guy, where the risks are somewhat less. And I've been told how much trouble I'll be in if I don't wear my crash hat.
Dan

Top Bottom