QuietKat Ibex

eTouringOldie

Local time
3:23 PM
Just got one w/ the INSIDER65 discount code -- $1870, couldn't resist.

No attachment points at all on the frame so I'm working to figure out lights, fenders and a rear rack -- Robert Axle already ordered to hook up my trailer.

Anybody else add accessories to this bike?

Literally every rack says 'Not compatible with Fat Tire or Full Suspension bikes'. But it turns out if you look hard, you can find a rack which is wide enough, and I lock out the rear suspension. I can see where having the frame flex would mess up a rack attached to both the seatpost and seatstays.

Fenders are a different problem. The front one can be connected inside the fork. But I haven't found a good answer for the rear fender.

For lights I'm just going to use rechargeable lights front and rear.

Just got one w/ the INSIDER65 discount code -- $1870, couldn't resist.

No attachment points at all on the frame so I'm working to figure out lights, fenders and a rear rack -- Robert Axle already ordered to hook up my trailer.

Anybody else add accessories to this bike?

Literally every rack says 'Not compatible with Fat Tire or Full Suspension bikes'. But it turns out if you look hard, you can find a rack which is wide enough, and I lock out the rear suspension. I can see where having the frame flex would mess up a rack attached to both the seatpost and seatstays.

Fenders are a different problem. The front one can be connected inside the fork. But I haven't found a good answer for the rear fender.

For lights I'm just going to use rechargeable lights front and rear.
Welcome to the group. There is all kinds of fat tire rear racks from mild to wild.

When it comes to mounting on a full suspension bike, is where you have to get crafty with your mount option.

Here is a couple examples & 1 of them has a rear fender board.
Screenshot_20231025-131218_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231025-131410_Chrome.jpg

Welcome to the group. There is all kinds of fat tire rear racks from mild to wild.

When it comes to mounting on a full suspension bike, is where you have to get crafty with your mount option.

Here is a couple examples & 1 of them has a rear fender board.View attachment 11557View attachment 11558
Appreciate the response, but those racks need attachment points on the bike frame -- Ibex has none.

I'm trying this one:

although I need to change the bolts for the clamps which connect to the seatstays -- square frame elements require a bigger bolt/wider clamp.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thule's Pack'n Pedal is actually compatible with full suspension (I don't know about fat tires). The problem is that it is really hard to find, at least in Europe. I ordered it 3 times from different sources and in the end they cancelled the order. Still trying.

Thule's Pack'n Pedal is actually compatible with full suspension (I don't know about fat tires). The problem is that it is really hard to find, at least in Europe. I ordered it 3 times from different sources and in the end they cancelled the order. Still trying.

Yep, that's hard to find.

The good news is that the rack I bought from Amazon is getting the job done. Again, I've got the rear suspension locked out -- can't imagine that it would work otherwise. But it's clamped on and feels quite secure, and sturdy enough to handle the loads I'm carrying -- mostly groceries for shopping trips, or food, water, rain gear and a spare battery when I'm on an expedition :)

I would prefer something that leave the rear suspension free to move...
Honestly, I really wanted a hardtail, but @65% off (under $1900) I was willing to compromise :)

It was a close-out -- apparently QK is going to bring out a new line of FS bikes.

Yesterday, taking advantage of Black Friday and the fact that I will be in Berlin next week for work (amazon and the majority of online shops do NOT deliver to the Canary Islands), I ordered quite a few items I needed. Among others (many "travel accessories" for the cat... :) ) the

Thule Pack n Pedal Tour Rack Bicycle Pannier Rack 100090​

and a seat bag larger than the one I have. I am really curious to see if this pannier works on my full suspension after so many unsuccessfull attempts to buy it. This time it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow at my son's home.

I will write a full review after a few rides.

Just to say, instead of buying what I find on Black Friday, I always try to make a list well in advance of things I need, and buy them on Black Friday, whether they are discounted or not. In this way I avoid buying things that I do not actually need...

Back